Why become a member? ×

I miss my Stingray....

nottswarwick

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1345064559' post='1773194']
Personally I can't wait.
Not sure I have money to buy anything but I'm fascinated by what you might have!
[/quote]

Actually the first one is on [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190713840815;jsessionid=97815FF0D469C228114E3CD354A764E7?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D190713840815%26_rdc%3D1]eBay right now[/url] as I didn't think anyone here would be interested.

BigRedX that vibracell looks amazing, what a great concept!

I've had four MM rays, two 4 strings a 5 and a fretless 5, all good, the ray5 stayed with me as my main bass for a good while but ultimately they had to go, the 4's weren't thick enough sounding and I always wanted more from the 5's...

I've bought/traded/sold maybe 30 basses in the last 20 years and don't regret saying goodbye to any, they all felt/sounded good when I got them but their time was done and my needs had changed.

I like my Lakland 55-02 and it does what I need just now, that may change if the music I play changes again...if only I could have (and had room to store) about 10 basses!

My gorgeous sounding and playing '61 p-bass copy is getting the least airtime so might have to go purely for space reasons which is the wrong reason to sell I think!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1345106063' post='1773492']
BigRedX that vibracell looks amazing, what a great concept!
[/quote]

With some fatter sounding pickups it would be a pretty good bass and if they'd done a 5-string version I'd be keeping it.

It's got a vibrant acoustic tone and some great features like the moulded thumb rests above the pickups. I guess the colour won't be to everyone's taste (although I love it and deliberately bought this one rather than the more common black finish). The concept was great but unfortunately some of the colours (especially on the guitars) made them look like toys rather than serious musical instruments. Personally I think there's milage in the Vibracell concept but unfortunately it will probably require more conservative designs and colours to persuade the greater guitar and bass buying public to take them seriously.

The only bass I ever really regretted selling was my 5 string SR. I had bought a 25th anniversary HSS 5 string and it had to be funded, so the SR5 and a warwick thumb and others had to go. After some time though I moved the 25th on and immediately bought another piezo 5 string H SR. Have to say the £2,899 price on the 25th anniversary bass doesn't guarantee it sounds any better, if anything it failed by trying to be too many basses in one. If you want traditional SR sound, don't sell your prize stallion or you will regret it.