Why become a member? ×

Peavey Fury II, SOLD pending the usual

Paul S

I am thinking of selling my Peavey Fury II as I have too many basses.

It is black with maple neck and rosewood fretboard. One VFL pickup (vertical flux loading, whatever the heck that means, but they get quite good reviews), active 3 band eq that gives a decent enough range of tones - the mid control is especially useful. Jazz width neck (38mm) that is VERY shallow with 20 frets. Weighs around 8.5lbs. Hardware is Peavey version of a high mass bridge and enclosed Schaller-type tuners in a kind of satin finish gunmetal colour. Serial number on neck plate reads 00410204, sticker on neck reads 00386360 - no idea why they are different! No firm idea how old this is - mid 90s? - I believe they were made in Korea. Overall it is in pretty good nick except for a dink in the lower horn. I have the action set pretty low and it has no issues that I am aware of.

I bought it purely out of curiosity and was surprised how good it was when it finally turned up - a far better instrument than, say, the Peavey Milestone III. My intention was to pimp it with a better eq, which I would consider to be the weak point, but then it not exactly a boutique bass! This would result in a pretty damned good bass. However I subsequently bought a SBMM SB-14 which kind of trumps it in the single pup/3-band eq department.

I would like just £80 for this, which is stupidly cheap and priced to go in a buyers market. Collect from South Benfleet in Essex or packed in a tatty hard case and posted for around £15. Welcome any trial.

No pics for now - I'll take some later - but here is one from somewhere on the internet.

Edited by Paul S

Some pics!
[attachment=115424:fury1.jpg][attachment=115425:fury2.jpg][attachment=115426:fury3.jpg][attachment=115427:fury4.jpg][attachment=115428:fury5.jpg][attachment=115429:fury6.jpg][attachment=115430:fury7.jpg][attachment=115431:fury8.jpg][attachment=115432:fury9.jpg]

Bump for a rather nice back up bass that is possibly the best value for money on Basschat at the moment :)

I'd consider non-bass trades such as Seymour Duncan SPB-1 or Wizard Trad pup, set of LEDs, J. East P-retro with cash adjustment either way if needed. That kind of thing :)

And up. I could do with this going - not for the money but it is taking up space! This is easily worth double, a nice bass.

And don't forget trade options...to which I would add an Epiphone EBO in black as I have never tried one if anyone is interested?

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1345799303' post='1781610']
For goodness sake, Guys - stop haggling - you won't find a better buy for £80!!!!
[/quote]

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1345818921' post='1781991']
Approved as a budget buy.
[/quote]

Thanks chaps!!

Last bump before it goes in the loft.