Why become a member? ×

A few things left to do, but.....

Bass-ic

[i][quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1343680218' post='1753684']
I think that bass looks magnificent. Dare I ask for what it's specs are and what the damage was?
[/quote][/i]

[i]Thank you WB[/i]
[i]The bass started as a kit which I found out about after another member started a thread on one. I had a look and decided that i could give it a go. I should make clear that although I have done a fair amount on this bass I did not either make the electronic bits or hardware (does anyone else go that far?) and I did not make the neck.[/i]

[i]the kit cost £149.00[/i]

[attachment=114557:1.JPG][attachment=114558:2.JPG][attachment=114559:4.JPG][attachment=114560:48.JPG][attachment=114561:5.JPG][attachment=114562:7.JPG][attachment=114563:9.JPG][attachment=114564:10.JPG][attachment=114565:11.JPG][attachment=114566:13.JPG][attachment=114567:17.JPG]

Varying pics from the assembly
The kit was £149
various woods Maple/ Burr maple/black macassa £165
Gun oil finish £12
Beeswax...free from the garden

I have no idea what the pick ups are and I'm changing the electrics slightly as I didn't like the switch option' so am going for two volume and one tone as it is the same as I have on my bought bass. It has taken me about 6 days in total to do the work, with sanding taking the most time.

It hangs fine standing up and it sits perfectly on me. it might be a bit heavy but I dont mind.

Overall the kit was a good way to start and the only thing about it was that I wanted something a bit more individual so binned the original. i did however use it as a template as i wanted to make sure that the geometry of the bridge and pickups was correct. I did however, move the front pick up slightly.

There are one or two problems, one is that Im having difficulty tracking down a B500K log potentiometer and there is a slight buzz somewhere, which I think I've found.

I have no idea what it will sound like but am looking forward to hearing it for the first time soon!

Cheers.

Edited by Bass-ic

[quote name='Bass-ic' timestamp='1343678963' post='1753656']
Is the shape wrong?[/quote]

No! :)

[quote name='Bass-ic' timestamp='1343759596' post='1754832']
Thank you, and I'll consider the name... although the GF did suggest something else![/quote]

:lol: Do tell.

Edited by discreet