Why become a member? ×

SEI BASS CUSTOM JAZZ 5 sold please remove

fluffo

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here we have a beautiful [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sei[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Jazz 5 Custom in a very good condition. I believe it is roughly 7 years old but still looks superb. [/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I got this via a trade with my Sandberg Jazz 5, I have rewired it as it was running out of phase and is now sounding so much better[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass is fitted with Kent Armstrong Custom hand wound pickups and has the East SP2 pre-amp onboard. (volume push-pull active/passive, pickup pan, bass boost/cut and treble boost/cut. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The east pre-amp has been installed which has left a small space/hole for a coil tap to be fitted which would really open the taps on this bass. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The body is ash with a stunning burl front. Maple neck with ebony bound board.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has side LEDS on the edge binding but has a slight graze around 24th fret om the edge binding, but all works fine.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plays equally well with a nice low action[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The price on this jazz is around the [s]£1400[/s] £1100 [b]PRICE DROP[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would prefer to go back to a more tradition Jazz 5.[/font][/color]
.[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Postage in uk around £35 fully insured but collection is much preferred.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]07956 964156[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b][u][size=6]uk sale only[/size][/u][/b][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]More photos are here: [/font][/color]

Edited by fluffo

Absolutely lovely - I'm a massive fan of Martin's work. It's hard to tell from the images, but does the plastic battery cover on the back sit proud from the body or is it the latter routed? Also, do you know if the LEDs were fitted from new or were they a later addition?

Good luck, a stunning bass

leds from new, based on the fact that new fits are done by martin and retro fits are done by simms and they ain't simms.
The battery plate is metal and is placed over the body oh and its running the east at 18volts with a seperate 9v for the leds in the control cavity.

not sure what way to go, I have gigged twice with over the week end and it has sounded and played fantastic, a high end traditional looking jazz 5 is a posibility.
A trade to a GB would be at the top of my wish list.