Why become a member? ×

fitting a clicky to my bass 2 channel mixer ?

artisan

in the very near future i'm planning on fitting a fingerboard clicky to my bass,i already have a bass max,i will need a small 2 channel mixer to go with this but i can't seem to find anything that looks suitable,any ideas guys ?
another question,i normally play through a boss bass eq pedal & don't need/use a pre amp' however i've heard the clicky will have a much lower output than my bass max,so will i need a mixer with built in pre amp ?
Gollihur music do a rockabilly upgrade kit that has everything i would need but it's not over cheap & lets face it i am a Yorkshire man (i.e. tight bastard)

[url="http://www.freewebstore.org/index.aspx?pageid=693784&prodid=6836400"]Superior Bassworks dual channel preamp[/url]

£38 plus shipping. These guys are very good indeed - I ordered some strings and a pickup from them, all arrived within a week.

that's bloody mega,Rev you are a gent if we ever meet i'll buy you a pint or two,damn thats just what i need,top bloke.
the strings look pretty interesting,what are they like ?
many thanks.

as for my clicky i do like the look of the K&K one that Gollihur have,mainly due to the jack socket being the same type as my bass max which will look nice & neat,can you think of a cheaper one i can use with the same type of socket mounting.

Edited by artisan

My pleasure mate!

The strings seem pretty snazzy. Only got the G and D on at the moment - nice old school pizz tone and you can slap the arse off them. I'm new to slappage so I don't have a clicky and know bog all about them.

You could have a wander over to doublebaschat.com and ask them - that's where all the slappers hang out.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1342779495' post='1740753']
[url="http://www.freewebstore.org/index.aspx?pageid=693784&prodid=6836400"]Superior Bassworks dual channel preamp[/url]

£38 plus shipping. These guys are very good indeed - I ordered some strings and a pickup from them, all arrived within a week.
[/quote]

where was this when i forked out £150 for the K&K dual preamp blender???!!! actually i lied, got it for £95 secondhand but still!!

i will defo be ordering a superior bassworks mixer very shortly,but i need to pay for the mods to my bass tomorrow & i've just bought a new Harley Davidson which needs its 1st service on saturday which is another £200.00,so it'll have to wait for a few weeks now.

[quote name='BassInMyFace' timestamp='1343218775' post='1747176']
where was this when i forked out £150 for the K&K dual preamp blender???!!! actually i lied, got it for £95 secondhand but still!!
[/quote]

Hanging out on doublebasschat.com with all the slappers. :D

Edited by TheRev

I hope the superior kit turns out well, it's a new thing. There are some well proven amp-top dual channel mixer preamps, Dtar solstice is popular. For tailpiece mounted, k+k make one that is widely used, it's a fiddle though, and I don't think it's quite the sound bob fillings credits it. Lr baggs mixpro is small, easy to use, beautifully transparent, a much better bit of kit for mixing clicky and bridge pups on the tailpiece.
I've given up on blenders now, use 2 wireless sets to send to independent eqs, then input separately to amp.