Why become a member? ×

Pre into Stereo Amp, NOT Bridge Mode...

discreet

[b]Pre Into Stereo Amp, NOT Bridge Mode...[/b]

Sorry if this has been covered, or is so stupidly simple that I appear to be a git - I'm looking at a stereo power amp that [i]doesn't [/i]have BRIDGE mode, just two jack inputs and two Speakon outputs.

The outputs are each 500W into 8ohms and I want to connect an 8ohm cab to each output. What I want to do is plug my bass into a pre-amp and connect the pre to the two jack inputs on the power amp. How can I achieve this? is there some kind of adaptor lead or a junction box or something I could use?

Is what I'm trying to do even feasible? Am I just talking out of my arse again? :D

I will be very grateful for your assistance! :)

Mark :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1340622708' post='1707019']
Most amps, if there's nothing connected to the 2nd channel input, it takes it from the first instead, so try plugging into the 1st channel input and it should hopefully feed to both channels.[/quote]

Ahh, thanks for this!
I think it's actually a DJ power amp as opposed to a purpose-built bass power amp... I'll give it a go.

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1340625570' post='1707126']
Otherwise a y-splitter lead from single mono jack to twin will probably work, depending on input/output impedances involved and the output level/input sensitivity of your particular equipment
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1340622708' post='1707019']
Most amps, if there's nothing connected to the 2nd channel input, it takes it from the first instead, so try plugging into the 1st channel input and it should hopefully feed to both channels.

Liam
[/quote]

Or vice-versa as in the case of my amp; you have to plug into channel 2 to get sound out of both channels.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340621568' post='1707006']
Is what I'm trying to do even feasible? Am I just talking out of my arse again? :D
[/quote]

Yes, but one of [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/mono-1-4-jack-splitter-31562"]these[/url] will unmuffle you... :P

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1340657907' post='1707795']
Yes, but one of [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/mono-1-4-jack-splitter-31562"]these[/url] will unmuffle you... :P[/quote]

Well that's an option, thanks! (Braa-aaap!!) Er... heh, heh. :blush:

Thanks for all the other suggestions too, guys. :i-m_so_happy: