Why become a member? ×

Lovely Lakland DJ4

Fab bass, go on somebody get some in.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lakland-Darryl-Jones-Bass-Guitar-better-than-Fender-/300727486165?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4604c146d5"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4604c146d5[/url]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1340440183' post='1704401']
Well that's just made at least a few more bassists aware of it... if anyone else was sitting hoping to bag it as a bargain, this thread may well blow the chance of that. :huh:
[/quote]

Not like you WH :scratch_one-s_head:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1340449704' post='1704560']
Not like you WH :scratch_one-s_head:
[/quote]

Nothing personal but I have always had a strong stance that ebay listings that aren't BIN are better left unpublicised otherwise those that have spotted the tasty item or better still a bargain, then have to contend with 'potentially' bidding against others who may not have bothered their backsides to look for it.

Buy It Now listings of bargains or unusual items are absolutely a different matter and I regularly flag them up but each to his own.

It could still be that when I bid on that DJ I am the only interested BCer but by the same token I am now potentially bidding against anyone else who reads this thread. I concede it is giving others the chance to bid on this bass but IMHO if they wouldn't have looked for it in the first place then why should someone else help them and in the process potentially bump up the price that I will pay.

Hi Guys, I am the owner of this fabulous bass & a newbie here now thanks to Karl. I have cancelled the ebay sale of this instrument as it had no bids (52 watchers tho) but will consider selling it right here on Basschat over the next few days so keep your eyes peeled.

I am new here but am a veteran player and I have owned everything over the last 30 yrs from Alembics, Wals, Stingrays, Statuses, Vigiers to several vintage Fenders etc. All I will say is that this Lakland Darryl Jones is very special - very light and supremely playable with the punchiest tone.

As already stated I need a good 5 string so may consider a trade for something good.

Hi Warwickhunt, thanks for your interest in my DJ and the previous offer for the trade...it amazes me that more folk dont try to do deals in this way (trades, swaps) I may have bitten at something. Your Hamer looked good to be fair...but I believe that I have a very good example of a very good bass - I dont know now if I can part with it.

BTW I would not have ended the auction if it had received any bids...wholly unfair to do so imho. I pulled it before any were made.

No, that's fair does with ending the auction before any bids, I've no problem with that.

If you fancy the Hamer and a few hundred quid to see you till you find a good 5er just give me a shout. I'm only really interested in your DJ as it is around 8lb in weight; I can bag a DJ from a guy local to me tomorrow for £600 but his isn't light enough for my needs.

WH I know what you are saying....my DJ is featherlight. It was yet another reason why I bought it back in the day (old back injury).

I have played some great Laklands...but they weighed like a ton!!! Thanks again for the offer of the Hamer...but I am really after a decent Warwick 5 or higher end Ibanez 5 string.