Why become a member? ×

Mixing Ampeg with Orange?

Dudley Powell

I currently have an Ampeg 90's SVT 3 with matching 210 and 115 classic cabs.

I've been playing through the Orange Ad head, 4x10 and 115 set up alot recently, the head is great, but what really gets me is the 115 cab, the sheer force that thing creates really adds so much depth to the sound, im seriously considering selling the Ampeg 115 classic cab, and getting an Orange OBC 115 to go with the rig.

The thing is, although it matches the head for power and all that, is it a good idea to mix an Ampeg head and 210 cab with another orange 115?

Anyone have any experience of matching these two makes together in this way? Im sure many people will tell me to stick with the Ampeg set up, but im intrigued.

Thanks guys!

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1340282375' post='1702227']
You might wanna try two of the OBC 115's together. I used to have this rig and, for me, it's the best cab combination ever. These cabinets are awesome!
[/quote]

The Orange 1x15 is a great cabinet :)

Edited by Musicman20

I wasn't a massive fan of my Ampeg 115 - I used to have the 410/115 stack and found the 115 pretty weak in comparison to the 4x10. No direct experience of the Orange bass cabs but I've played with a few guitarists using the Orange stuff and they're probably my favourite guitar cabs, sound huge and very well built. If I had the dollar I'd have one sitting under my guitar head.