Why become a member? ×

Slightly annoying buzz when I hit open 'A' string

Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1340348468' post='1703029']

Thanks Sarah, I will try to do so. Now which pair of Mrs C's shoes shall I cut up? :o
[/quote]

Her Shoes? Are you mental? Use leather from one of her handbags, much better quality.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1340359420' post='1703216']
Get a set of [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=needle+file+set&tag=googhydr-21&index=diy&hvadid=7669080733&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12088818731965606582&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_1qj5qi8byz_e"]these[/url]
[/quote]
The nut slot is too deep for the string so I assume you mean taking down the fingerboard slightly? Hmm, sounds like serious screw-up potential for a handyman numpty like me!!!!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1340359777' post='1703227']
The nut slot is too deep for the string so I assume you mean taking down the fingerboard slightly? Hmm, sounds like serious screw-up potential for a handyman numpty like me!!!!
[/quote]

More like one of [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-720-115-Watt-Angle-Grinder/dp/B001E4GM6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1340360907&sr=1-1"]these [/url] :)

Edited by TPJ

It's really easy to fill the notch in your nut, even to rebuild it and start from scratch. Use Milliput epoxy modelling clay, which dries like ebony, sands and carves like wood. You have to paint it black, but it works. I've filled bridge notches, extended bridge feet, altered bridge wings and rebuilt nuts all with Milliput, great stuff.