Why become a member? ×

Marshall JCM 800 info required please...?

GrahamMacca

Dear All,
I hope you are well - I am new to BassChat and looking forward to being part of the community.

A while ago, an "ex" left a Marshall JCM 800 head and cab (sorry don't know which one) at my house for me to look after. It is now somewhat getting in the way (I am already fully catered 4 with a Peavey Mark 4 and an old WEM 4x10) so I am looking to shift it. Does anyone know much about these rigs - are they any good? and waht would be a sensible asking price if I were to put it up for sale?

all the best and thanks in advance

Graham McE

[quote name='The Funk' post='182945' date='Apr 22 2008, 04:32 PM']You can get a decent amount for them. They're quite sought after. The "bass" series sounds great for guitar.[/quote]

Have heard so - although I'm yet to use mine for anything other than bass.

If it's a bass series I might be interested in it - have been thinking about using 2 heads. Not that I need it really - one is really f*cking loud, but 2 would give me a bit of manoeuvre.

Fantastic Amp!

well sought after - if I were you I would hold onto it!!

they are 20+ years old hence jcm800 = 80's. They have the classic marshall tone and will be worth a fortune in very near future.

I have a pristine jcm900 2x12 dual channel combo which is superb and has been valued at £500 but not as good as the jcm800.

andy

Edited by andy67

ohhhh...i had one of these with a 4x12 cab and it sounded great. It was cased and bloody heavy so it had to go a couple of years ago. My pbass has never sounded better but funnily enough my warwick streamer sounded amazing (against all odds)...i guess that something happened in the meeting of hight tech and valves.

Carl

• 1 month later...

Dear All,
thanks very much for helping out here and for the info. I'm very sorry that I have not yet been back to reply - a family health crisis (fatyer terminally ill) has had me out of action for the last month. Mine is definitely the Bass series from the mid 1980s (86 I think). I will retrieve the more detailed info re serial number etc which might give us a better idea of value.

all the best
Graham

[quote name='GrahamMacca' post='208949' date='May 29 2008, 03:05 PM']Dear All,
thanks very much for helping out here and for the info. I'm very sorry that I have not yet been back to reply - a family health crisis (fatyer terminally ill) has had me out of action for the last month. Mine is definitely the Bass series from the mid 1980s (86 I think). I will retrieve the more detailed info re serial number etc which might give us a better idea of value.

all the best
Graham[/quote]

Soz to hear about family probs.

Sounds a bit like my 1985 - what colour is the cloth on the front? If it's faded brown it's a bit more collectable.

I paid £300 for mine, with a service, from a shop. Which is really really cheap for what it is I reckon. Brilliant amp.