Why become a member? ×

Guitarist finally turned to Bass

The Bibbler

Hi all,
new here but not new to bass playing.

I have depped for bands in the past on bass and tried to get back into the game on guitar but got sick of other guitarists asking if I wanted another guitarist, in reply to my Guitarist Available ads.....as well as wanna be's that have lsot sight in enjoying music- no matter what genre.

Sooo.... I've jumped ship and now got a Wariwick rig and Peavey Cirrus. Life is good...now that I can choose which bands to go for.

I'm a little rusty, cos now I have to think where my fingers need to go and be more inventive on only 4 strings- oh, and they do get tired quickly!!!!

So...looking for inspiration, developing playing styles and tips. One of my bass heroes is Gail Ann Dorsey- I love the way she has so much stage presence for someone that can also be so invisible - an inspiration!

Great site!
Tony

Edited by The Bibbler

Good choice in coming over to the low end, many others of us here did the same. It's always a surprise to skinny stringers how hard our instrument can be (it might look similar but it's whole other can of worms) but you'll soon build up the strength and stamina and get to appreciate that great feeling you get when playing with a good drummer where you become one unit (something our six string brethren rarely get to enjoy, except maybe dedicated rhythm players). Welcome to the site, lots of good guys here with a wealth of experience and opinions.

Edited by ezbass

Hi Tony,

Gail Ann Dorsey? Hm. Never seen her, but would like to feel her

stage presence.

Welcome to BC!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1339864328' post='1695614']
lots of good guys here with a wealth of experience and opinions.
[/quote]

... and a guy here with a wealth of opinions, plus a wealth of lack of experience.

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Edited by BassTractor