Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Precision (telecaster bass)

Pow_22

This one hurts to do but its got to go to make way for my next project.

My Squier VM telecaster bass with bloody loud humbucker pickup. Some say (including myself at first) that this bass would only do mud - mine is strung (string thru body BTW) with Roto flats and with the tone on it sounds amazing. Defined and packs a punch like no other bass ive had. A real 'thud' then pleasant ring to the tone.

The neck is super fast, really comfortable to play and makes my P bass feel like a baseball bat. Bought a few months ago from Manchester Bass lounge and immediately did the following 'mods'

1) Custom made (BassDoc) white-Black-white guard. Why these basses didnt come with these as standard ill never know. Lokks so much better than the standard Black guard (which ill dig out and also suuply)

2) Added genuine fender bridge cover to give it the proper Telecaster look.

3) Bought a thumb rest to add under the humbucker but never fitted it - will supply also

4) Finally, fitted it with rotosound flats to give it a whackin great wallop to the sound. If desired ill restring it with the DR Fatbeam Rounds i stuck on it whilst waiting for the flats.

Will supply a battered hard case that just does the job of protecting the bass. Its covered in Oasis clippings on one side and Beatles clippings on the other. Looks cool but weighs a tone and is battered. Good for storage tho.

Poor quaily Iphone pic at the mo but will upload more soon

Asking £230 ONO in total collected from Manchester. Will deliver locally if needs be

Edited by Pow_22

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1339752023' post='1693640']
This one hurts to do but its got to go to make way for my next project.

My Squier VM telecaster bass with bloody loud humbucker pickup. Some say (including myself at first) that this bass would only do mud - mine is strung (string thru body BTW) with Roto flats and with the tone on it sounds amazing. Defined and packs a punch like no other bass ive had. A real 'thud' then pleasant ring to the tone.

The neck is super fast, really comfortable to play and makes my P bass feel like a baseball bat. Bought a few months ago from Manchester Bass lounge and immediately did the following 'mods'

1) Custom made (BassDoc) white-Black-white guard. Why these basses didnt come with these as standard ill never know. Lokks so much better than the standard Black guard (which ill dig out and also suuply)

2) Added genuine fender bridge cover to give it the proper Telecaster look.

3) Bought a thumb rest to add under the humbucker but never fitted it - will supply also

4) Finally, fitted it with rotosound flats to give it a whackin great wallop to the sound. If desired ill restring it with the DR Fatbeam Rounds i stuck on it whilst waiting for the flats.

Will supply a battered hard case that just does the job of protecting the bass. Its covered in Oasis clippings on one side and Beatles clippings on the other. Looks cool but weighs a tone and is battered. Good for storage tho.

Poor quaily Iphone pic at the mo but will upload more soon

Asking £230 ONO in total collected from Manchester. Will deliver locally if needs be
[/quote]
Lovely lovely lively bass.

Had 2 pm's regardin the price of this. Both seem to suggest prices of between £120 and £150. Really dont want to sell for anything less than £200 given the mods and condition. I understand its a tough sellers market so ill probably keep it as a back-up for now

Haha cheers MB1. Sorry forgot to update my ad before bumpin. The combo died a death so was given away and ressirected by a fellow BCer. Just wanted rid of the amp hence thought id chuck it in here.

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1340777444' post='1709352']
Haha cheers MB1. Sorry forgot to update my ad before bumpin. The combo died a death so was given away and ressirected by a fellow BCer. Just wanted rid of the amp hence thought id chuck it in here.
[/quote]
Ahh ok. Did seem a bit if a bargain. Have a bump.

Ill try and do a video. Sounds like a P-bass on steroids and fookin LOUD, nowehere near as muddy as i thought it would, even with the flats on. Like i say, if someone prefers i will restring it with pretty much brand new DR Fatbeam rounds

Edited by Pow_22

I keep staring at it, it's really turning into an unhealthy obsession. Even if it sounded like crap, which I'm sure it doesn't, it'd still be pure eye candy. Wish I had something I could trade it with. Might go rob a bank tomorrow.

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/squier-vintage-modified-precision-telebass/105467455"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/squier-vintage-modified-precision-telebass/105467455[/url]

On the 'tree including a headstock pic

For a very short time i would consider somethin p shaped, black with RW board - mex fender or squier (decent tuners ideally rather than the piddly closed efforts) with money topped up either way. All other trades on hold st mo

Edited by Pow_22