Why become a member? ×

FS: Ovation Magnum 1. Made in USA 1978. Sale Pending

Shockwave

Heya.

Just a quick and dirty advert as I am at work and times short!

Up for sale is my Ovation magnum, lovely big sound, huge ass pickup, quite light considering its all solid mahagony. Awesome looking ebony fretboard. One of the original dub machines.

Unfortunately its missing part of its pickup surround. I may have found someone willing to sell one which i will pass on the info to any prospective buyer, also I know of a Luthier in Bristol who is willing to fashion new ebony pieces to fill in the gaps (Hes very good, let me know if you want the number). The switch could also do with replacing as it springs back into the center position. All the electronics are original. The truss rod is A-OK with plenty of turns left in it.

It has had a new set of extra long scale rotos put on it.

£500. Postage possible but collection much more preferred. No photos of the headstock at the moment, safe to say it has some minor chips, but looks fantastic still.

No trades, unless its also including my Pedulla MVP5 or Parts jazz. (Multiple basses considered)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1339614245' post='1691602']
Might be the 2, but I think the fingerboard is ebanol rather than ebony on these.
[/quote]

Pretty sure it's ebony; certainly is on my fretless

Damn shape about the p/up frame as otherwise looks lovely