Why become a member? ×

Playing multi effects pedals live

Morano

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so my apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a budget so I've been listening to demos of some Zoom multi effect bass pedals on-line: Zoom B3, B1X & B2.1U
There are a lot of sounds to go through. However, realistically I'm only gona use maybe 3 different sounds max when I'm playing live.

I'm looking for a multi effects pedal which will be simple enough to customise, as I would like to have my chosen effects in an order which I can easily go between.

The guitarist in my old band used a POD which kinda influenced me into looking for a multi effects pedal rather than buying 3-4 different pedals to do the same job.

I'm a kill 2 birds with one stone kinda guy. Just looking to know if this is worth while before I buy.

Chris

Get a boss me20b

Up to 99 customisable patches and easy to use. Usual boss quality and the effects (except the distortion) sound good to me. Wah/volume pedal is more useful and cool than you think and has a good tuner built in.

Best thing is, it's tiny (as far as multi effects pedals go) and light and you really do get a lot to play with! There's a reason boss are pretty much the industry standard!

Truckstop

[b]as my needs are simple,[/b]
[b]I have a me20b,which is all I will ever need,[/b]
[b]easy to use,good sounds and can get 2nd hand ones for not a lot of money[/b]

[b]would recomend the me20 all day long, [/b]

[b]cheers[/b]
[b]stef[/b]

The boss ones are l, as above, industry standard and I've heard a massive amount of guitarists and bassists using them live with great results! Zoom B3 is definitely worth a look too, I use mine live! Distortions arent all great but you can get better sounds out of it than the boss ones. Everything else is definitely usable (except that f***ing Bomber effect :lol:)