Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Traveller 102P - anyone tried a pair of them together?

P-T-P

Yes and Yes.

And a very wonderful rig it was too. Driven by the LM II.

Only changed to a single cab rig because it was a struggle (But just possible) to get the pair of cabs into the boot of a new Ford Fiesta. (And I needed all the seats for people)

I'm not much cop at describing sound but what I can say is that, stacked 4 high made it very easy to hear yourself.
At gigs I was told I could be heard clearly all over the room. Plus a small footprint to boot.

The volume is more than adequate for most small to medium gigs as well.

great lightweight rig IMO.

Frank

Edited by machinehead

I have the 102 Traveller and the 115 Traveller too but have never needed to be loud enough to use them both. The 115T is the older version that whilst narrower than the 102T is still bulkier so I tend to go with the 102T all the time.
The bassisti on here seem to think MarkBass cabs are not as good as the amps: I have no experience of anything else and am quite happy.....

Hmm just reading this thread has give me food for thought, would you say you could do small gigs with a traveller 102P and be ok (1 guitar and drummer with light sticks), they do a 4ohm which could be pretty tempting for them smallish gigs.

Gotta admit im pretty tempted to offer my markbass 151HR as a swap for another traveller 102P to do exactly this. Just one of the little guys seems loud enough for almost anything, and my new house is so tiny even a compact 15 like the markbass is hard to fit in!

yorks5stringer... I also had the 151 trav paired with a 102 trav but came to prefer the sound of the 102 over the 151. Just a personal thing. But the pair you have sound great together as well.

Smash. One 102 trav is very loud. I heard a blues band last week in Rotterdam. Bass player using just one 102 trav with LM II and the sound was perfect. I'll be seeing them again this week.!!

I don't agree that the Markbass cabs are in the shadow of the amps. To me the sound is exactly what I like but then, we all have different tastes.

Having used the Schroeder 1212L for about a year I bought a markbass CMD121P combo a few months back for practice, rehearsals and small gigs and guess what, there was that tone I love in the Markbass combo. It sounds way too deep, big and loud for its size.

Made me regret letting the 102 trav cabs go. Hope you're enjoying them guys..haha

Frank