Why become a member? ×

SOLD Copperhead Bronze Stringray 5

TKenrick

It is with great regret that I'm selling my Musicman Stingray 5 (with hard case) due to growing debts and the fact that, in spite of trying, I'm really a Fender man at heart...

The bass is a 2004 model, I've owned it for the past two years, it's been rehearsed with plenty and gigged a few times but is still in extremely good condition, the only cosmetic faults are some small pick marks on the scratchplate.

The finish on this bass is called Copperhead Bronze (the scratchplate is made from a piece of copper), which was used for a limited run of instruments made by Musicman for the NAMM trade show. According to Ernie Ball Customer Services there were about 100 made, which were then sold onto Guitar Center stores in the US after NAMM.

This is one of the most eye-catching basses I've seen (apart from my bright orange jazz...) and I'm sad to see it go. I'm looking for a sale rather than a trade, but I'm open to offers!

[attachment=8010:IMGP2967.JPG]
[attachment=8011:IMGP2962.JPG]
[attachment=8012:IMGP2960.JPG]

More info/pics available on request, here's a link to a thread from the EB forums that has some good pics of another copperhead SR5:

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/31329-unofficial-le-bass-copperhead-bronze.html"]http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-...ead-bronze.html[/url]

cheers,

Tom

Edited by TKenrick

WOW!

I think that may have a marmite (love/hate) affect with people but I think its stunning. Big question...what kind of price were you after? It says offeres but I thought that may be offeres for trades.

Cheers

N

Having looked at other stingrays on eBay and elsewhere it seems that the going rate for a regular SR 5 is about £800-850. Due to the fact that this is a rare one (and in great condition) I was looking for offers around £900, or a trade of similar value.

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='183088' date='Apr 22 2008, 07:07 PM']a Sterling in this colour sold dead quick on the EBMM boards couple of months back. that one,an SR4 and maybe another 5 as well as yours are the only ones I've ever seen come up for sale

good luck with the sale![/quote]
Really? must have been quick because i'm always looking at their for sale section.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='183194' date='Apr 22 2008, 09:09 PM']Really? must have been quick because i'm always looking at their for sale section.[/quote]

yes was quick, seller was bdgotoh, he was selling the Copperhead Bronze Sterling single H and a Desert Gold Sterling H at the same time,both had rosewood boards,the CB was sold within hours and the DG one not long after. I remember it as its the only Sterling I think I've ever seen in the bronze with the copper pickguard

[quote name='TKenrick' post='184207' date='Apr 23 2008, 11:08 PM']PMs replied to, thanks for the offers (particularly those of limbs and sisters...), it looks like we have a winner![/quote]

Oh fantastic! Which limb are you in need of? If its an arm i can throw in three free fingers of choice :)

• 1 month later...