Why become a member? ×

Custom Flying V FS/FT - * Withdrawn *

martfitz

For sale is my custom made Flying V, made by Ray Cooper guitars just over 10 years ago.

Would also be interested in a trade for a good quality 4 or 5 string, preferably with a maple fingerboard, something like a Stingray, Lakland DJ/Skyline 44/55-02/Jo Osborne, Fender USA Jazz, Sandberg California, you get the idea.

I no longer play metal and it doesn't look right with me playing rock covers in pubs these days, frankly you feel a bit of a dick playing Wonderwall on a bass like this :D. (Especially now I'm middle aged and fat lol)

I've had some modifications made to it since it was built, I had a new truss rod fitted by luthier Stuart Palmer a couple of years ago, the old one didn't break I just wasn't happy with it, so this is now accessed via the headstock and not at the body.

The body and neck are mahogany, with a burl mahogany top and ebony fingerboard.

A few scratches and small nicks in the lacquer, it has been gigged for the past 10 years and not wrapped in cotton wool, but saying that, it hasn't been abused.

Schaller tuners and bridge, with adjustable string spacing.

I've replaced the pots with gold ones, still have the black ones if you prefer those.

Built-in flush mounted Dunlop straploks. You can balance this bass brilliantly, so no neck dive!

Pickups are EMG P and J with EMG EQ. It sounds immense.

After [s]£1200.00[/s] £1000 as I've seen something I like, or serious offers, trade value would be closer to £1200.

I do have a hard case but it weighs a ton so would be impossible to post. So collection only or I can deliver within reason.

More pics.

There are flush mounted straploks in each wing tip, as well as the two on the back so you can balance the bass to your liking.

Edited by martfitz

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1339283745' post='1686467']
I would play this in any band, not just metal, it's stunning. Could imagine the Ox playing one of these. What does it weigh, just being nosey.
[/quote]

And he'd have done it far more justice than I ever could.

Standing with it on the bathroom scales I would guess that a very approximate weight would be around 9 pounds.

Edited by martfitz

[quote name='xytras 1978' timestamp='1339401832' post='1687791']
Beautiful, what is the neck like?? Jazz-like, P-like, MM-like??
[/quote]

Nice and slim, I can only compare it to my old Stingray and it's slimmer than that. (Not very technical I know).

• 3 months later...