Why become a member? ×

Help ID Status Graphite Bass Guitar , please

sheldon

Hi can anyone please help me ID my Status Bass .

I have owned it for a year of so but cannot find any information on the model .

It says Status Graphite on the headstock but it has an wooden neck ( are the rods inside
the neck ?) .

It has been well used but sounds great , i am thinking of selling the instrument as i have gone back to my Jazz and P bass but i do not know if it is all original and do not want to mislead anyone .

Any information would be much appreciate

thanks in advance

I thought it was an Eclipse too but it doesn't have the arched top.

It's either a Status Energy - they were made originally with graphite necks and then wooden necks before being discontinued. But I've never seen one with an exotic top.

Alternatively it could be a Series 1 but I've never seen one with a one piece body.

My money is on it being a Series 1

Hi thanks for the information , i was not 100% sure about the headstock but i think it may have had an repair at some point .

i found this bass which looks very similar

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169779-status-series-1-blinged/

Closest match I could find, it's probably the earlier version of the Series 1 Artist (it also shows the carbon rods in the neck):

[url="http://www.statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/17/left%20side.jpg"]http://www.statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/17/left%20side.jpg[/url] there are more catalogues on that page so you may find a better match.

Yours is probably a bit older (93 or 94 is my guess) as it has the bevelled edges rather than the rounded shape that came later. Also, I reckon someone has sanded off the black paint that would have been on the front of the neck where it joins the body.

Value wise, the wooden necked Status basses don't fetch the same money as the graphite ones, I reckon between £400 and £500. There were a few people on the Statii forum who are starting to rave about the wooden necked Status basses so they may start to go up in value as they weren't made for very long.

I don`t think that is a head repair, just the way the neck has been manufactured. It`s a right nice looking bass. I had an Energy and although it wasn`t as nice as whatever this is, I regreted selling it as soon as I got rid of it. The neck on it was superb.