Why become a member? ×

Overwater C Bass on evilbay

ead

I wish I had spare cash for this baby - must check lottery ticket!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-C-Bass-4-String-Bass-Guitar-/300719636143?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4604497eaf"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-C-Bass-4-String-Bass-Guitar-/300719636143?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4604497eaf[/url]

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1339235214' post='1685618']
I wish I had spare cash for this baby - must check lottery ticket!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Overwater-C-Bass-4-String-Bass-Guitar-/300719636143?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4604497eaf"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4604497eaf[/url]
[/quote]

Don't worry about the e-Bay thing. There's no hurry. If you want one of these, just give Chris a shout at Overwater and he'll make one for you - you can even choose the exact woods you would like.

Snorkie

[quote name='snorkie635' timestamp='1339239782' post='1685712']

Don't worry about the e-Bay thing. There's no hurry. If you want one of these, just give Chris a shout at Overwater and he'll make one for you - you can even choose the exact woods you would like.

Snorkie
[/quote]

True, but at £2k plus which was what Chris quoted me for one and that was a couple of years ago.

BB

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339235370' post='1685623']
Haven't seen one of those before. Radical shape!
[/quote]

Really? Not seen these?

That C bass is massively overpriced. It's more than I paid for both my 5-strings together...

Edit: plus most of the small amount of information about is wrong. The bridge and logo are wrong for it to have been made recently.

Edited by BigRedX

All the above three are lovely looking basses. I love the unusual shape; the fretless one on the bay would do me nicely though. Sad to report that completely failed to win the Euromillions lottery. Roll on Tuesday!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1339348233' post='1687213']

Both of my 5-string Overwaters are the same 36" scale as the C bass. TBH I never noticed the extra length until the first time I changed the strings and wondered why standard long scale ones didn't fit!
[/quote]

My OS is def 34" so would I be right in thinking the further two inches is due to the bridge position on your pair and the C bass? I am tempted by that C bass but considered the reach to the headstock might be too uncomfortable. But if the extra long scale is due to the bridge position that would be ok.

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1339350244' post='1687259']
My OS is def 34" so would I be right in thinking the further two inches is due to the bridge position on your pair and the C bass? I am tempted by that C bass but considered the reach to the headstock might be too uncomfortable. But if the extra long scale is due to the bridge position that would be ok.

BB
[/quote]

I'm not a big bloke (just under 5'6") and I've never had any problems with the reach on the 36" scale Overwaters. In fact I found because of the way the two instruments hung on the strap on me, my Squier VMJ was harder to play the first couple of frets and the G machine head was completely out of reach. The Overwater never posed any problems like that.

Things are sounding better and better. However as you say the price is an issue - twice what I paid for mine. It is £130 cheaper if u go direct to the shop site but still too much. Also I am convinced they sold the same bass previously a couple of years ago and it was advertised at the same price. Whether it sold at that price we will never know. Definitely looking for a third bass this year, if only to stabilise my 3way Hercules stand :-) and it has to be THE ONE.

BB

Now moved to the correct forum!

Edited by BarnacleBob