Why become a member? ×

FS - Sandberg California PM4 black **Now on eBay!**

rommi

Hi All

[b]*UPDATE - I've put an offer in on a bass here on BC so this I've put the price down to £625 + 20%VAT = £750 (I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands so you will be charged VAT on 'imports'). Only £625 will actually reach my pocket, with the £25 going towards shipping.. I will be putting this on ebay tomorrow (Monday) night. PM me if interested. Cheers[/b]

I have been a member of this forum for a short while now (mostly just 'mooching' around the different discussions and classifieds) and haven't really been very active at all, so firstly I'd like to say a belated hello to everyone from Jersey (sunniest place in the British Isles apparently! :D)..

Up for sale is my Sandberg California PM4 in a stunning 'satin blackburst' finish with a rosewood neck and black pick guard. I purchased this bass new a few months ago, she plays beautifully and has amazing tonal versatility (I play a range of styles from Blues, to Rock, to ballads, to slap). I have played this bass at a few gigs now since she's been in the paddock and I'm yet to be disappointed.

Some descriptive handy stuff; ash body, maple neck & rosewood fretboard,34" scale, chrome hardware, 1x Sandberg P-style pickup & 1x power humbucker, Sandberg 2-band EQ with passive tone control, active/passive switchable, includes Sandberg gig bag and adjustment tools.

Anyway, I'm selling due to a love of Jazz basses (Fender mostly).. I simply love them. I try other basses, and they are mostly all great basses, but they are just not a Jazz bass. As I have a loving Fiancée, and she does allow me quite a good bit of freedom with gigs, buying equipment etc, I think if I want to keep this arrangement in good form then I should really sell a bass before adding another to the family =)..

**PICS UPLOADED**
(Will add more pics in a later post or link to another site as I'm having trouble uploading)

**EDIT - finally uploaded using Photobucket =)

[s]£850 ONO[/s] [b]£800[/b]

Possibly interested in a trade for a Fender Jazz of some sort..

Thanks for reading

Matt :yarr:

Edited by rommi

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1339080327' post='1683346']
Lovely - I've been lusting after the 5-string version of this!
[/quote]

Thanks Danny!

If the 5er is anything like the 4 then you should definitely take the plunge! You won't be disappointed..

Matt :yarr:

[quote name='bassfunk' timestamp='1339083784' post='1683409']
Wow, very nice! do you know if this has the same neck dimensions as the jm?
[/quote]
I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of the JM but I've just measured mine and at the nut it's pretty much 1.5" (believe it or not, from what I have read the JM is wider!!). I've also just measured my Mexican Fender Jazz at the nut and that was ever so slightly under 1.5" so very similar..

[quote name='benjifaith' timestamp='1339098927' post='1683739']
Im not sure about this but hypothetically what would you do for a Fender Mexican Jazz Deluxe trade with cash?
[/quote]
Would all depend on the bass.. Try me :-)

Cheers
Matt

[quote name='rommi' timestamp='1339101305' post='1683814']
Hmm.. Tempting.. Maple neck and it would be a no brainier for me.. Not too sure Mr Funk..
[/quote]

I understand, I'm raising some cash for a 'berg anyway. If this is still around when I have the dough I'll get in touch :)

Ok mate, I'm in no hurry to get rid anyhow.. I haven't written off your trade, just not certain about it you know.. If you do raise the flash then that's cool too - it may still be available, and there is a Nash jbass that my local music store has on order so the cash would go a short way to funding that :-)

[quote name='LeftyBiskit' timestamp='1339107473' post='1683985']
Nice!-pity it's not a lefty.
T
[/quote]

Haha thanks man - pity you're not a 'righty' :D

Good luck in your search for a 'berg

Edited by rommi

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1339438974' post='1688529']
Evening, I'm not in the market - but would you mind measuring the nut for me please?

I'm thinking about a passive one with just the P pickup but would like to know whether the neck is more like a J or a P.

Thanks.

Paul.
[/quote]

Hi Paul

Width at nut/zero fret is 1.5" so more like a J than a P. My MIM Jazz neck is thinner, but same width..

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1339439402' post='1688539']
as if this has not gone yet! These are just the most amazing basses ever. I love mine to bits.

If i had the cash i would swoop it up straight away.

bargain alert!
[/quote]

Yeh, hard times I suppose.. Great bass, lovely to play, but a Jazz is my thing :-)

If it doesn't sell at this price, or I don't get the right trade I'll just keep it..