Why become a member? ×

Who Restores Guitar Cases - Help Needed SORTED

bouvier

I recently purchased a 1961 Fender Stratocaster Hard Tail. The case with the guitar is not the original to the guitar but a Mid Sixties Fender Logo type. The case has seen better days -[list]
[*]Lid lining detached and possibly shrunk
[*]Leather ends are split
[*]Interior worn and stained
[*]Smells like a locked up mad woman.
[/list]
Ideally I would like to get the case repaired prior to selling or trade against a genuine 1961 Fender case (Not Selmer)

Anyone know where I can get this remedial work carried out.

Cheers

[attachment=109585:H4289-L28684537.jpg]

Edited by bouvier

• 1 month later...

Took a chance with a left of field solution. Gave the case to a firm that repairs leather furniture. Got it back and they made a superb job without overdoing it. Case looks like a well used and cared for example with. Oh and the Locked Up Mad Woman Smell well she has been released back into society, Ahhhh Fabreeze

Edited by bouvier

That's pretty cool, I think the cases can be just as pretty as the guitars in them sometimes! The one that my 2008 LE Stingray came in was stunning, brown faux snakeskin covering with gold lining inside.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/metallica_rock/stingray%20LE/DSC_0453.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/metallica_rock/stingray%20LE/DSC_0440.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by budget bassist