Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: TBC JT 400 JJ

TheButler

Hi,

As i am sure you know TBC offer perhaps unparalled value for money. The build and finish quality is that of something you'd expect on a £1000+ bass. There is so much to say about the bass, everything really is top quality. The electronics (namely the pre amp) can be improved on, some people even choose to make these basses passive.

It is 22 frets
Pau Ferro fretboard
3 piece quarter sawn hard rock maple neck
'midnight blue' (black) wood pickgaurd
Chambered swamp ash body, bookmatched top
2 custom wound Jazz pups
3 Band EQ Vol/bass/mid/treb/blend pots

These basses are no longer produced as far as i believe. TBC are moving all production to the USA now. This was one of the basses that was built by a TBC owned factory in China, that was manned by people employed by TBC.

The only sign of use is on the pickgaurd, a scratch, it isn't very deep but just slightly in the varnish.

I would probably be looking at £250 for this, this is a good bit less that what it cost me to get into the UK; with VAT, import tax, shipping costs and handling charges.

Thanks for looking, Jamie

Edited by TheButler

• 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed this back in June, and surprised it's still here, there was a droolfest of a thread about TBC on the old Bassworld board a couple of years back.

That's quite lovely for £250 & worth bearing in mind that if they'd ever imported these into the UK, they'd probably cost about twice that amount.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='41465' date='Aug 5 2007, 01:16 AM']That's quite lovely for £250 & worth bearing in mind that if they'd ever imported these into the UK, they'd probably cost about twice that amount.

Jon.[/quote]

Your making me think i should perhaps hold on to it :)

• 2 months later...

How much does this cost as new out of interest? What kind of styles of music does it suit? Can this be used for metal? I could do with a decent backup bass and this looks the nuts!

Oh yeah and what details can you possibly give me on the neck? Is it like a warwick? A jazz? A P? ETC

Edited by charic

[quote name='charic' post='75503' date='Oct 17 2007, 11:38 AM']How much does this cost as new out of interest? What kind of styles of music does it suit? Can this be used for metal? I could do with a decent backup bass and this looks the nuts!

Oh yeah and what details can you possibly give me on the neck? Is it like a warwick? A jazz? A P? ETC[/quote]

I bought this brand new, from a second party as the company don't ship to the UK. This is one of a handful that are in the UK. I've yet to see another on basschat! TBC are now producing their basses in the US, the guy is literally only making one of each model every month. They are priced at $400 now brand new, so including shipping to the UK and VAT/customs charges i think you could get a brand new one for about £350 direct from the US, i think he even ships to the UK now. The chinese made ones are exactly the same as the american ones, he will use the same parts and everything, the only difference now will be it is assembled by a couple of American blokes rather than a dozen Chinese folk. I guess i would have to compare the 2 basses side by side to be able to give an accurate comparison of the two tho'

I myself use the bass for metal, i have recorded all of my bands tunes on it:

www.myspace.com/sternchase

The neck is a very similar profile to that of a Jazz bass, might be a wee tad thinner...

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately the 2 people that were interested in this have both bought other basses now. I can't condemn them tho' as I have done the same thing myself :huh:

I am still looking for £220 posted. That is posted via CityLink couriers next day.

It really is a great bass this folks i just need to money :)