Why become a member? ×

Sold - Warwick Streamer (German-made) £225 4-string

The Dark Lord

[b]Sold [/b]

Up for grabs is my German-made Warwick Streamer 4 string in blue. I'm now looking for [b]only [/b][size=5][b]£225[/b][/size] for it.

I live and work on the South Coast (Bognor Regis and Southampton). Would prefer pickup but can post if necesarry.

I guess you know all about these. Two passive soapbars with volume, volume, tone and a bolt on neck. This one weighs in at a shade under 7 1/2 pounds and has one of those wonderful Ovangkol / Wenge necks.

It's in good nick all round - although you'll see that there is some paint scuffing on the front. The previous owner says he did that by finger playing ????

It's very light and very playable with a great sound.

I'm selling this and a black and maple P/J as my band has been recruited by an agent and I need to add a fretless and an acoustic to my toolkit.

You can hear a demo of it playing (fingers and pick) at this link

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163461-precision-vs-jazz-vs-warwick-vs-other-precision/page__hl__warwick+jazz+precision__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

I had it validated via the Warwick website with the following response:

[indent=1][i]Dear Mr. Denis [/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i]thanks for your request and interest into your Warwick Bass and for[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i]giving me the requested information. Please note as following :[/i][/indent]

[indent=1][i] Bass Streamer 4 string[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Serial Number G 064531 99[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Year 1999[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Month July[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Number 064531[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Neck Wood Ovangkol Wood[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Fingerboard Wenge Wood[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Frets Bronze Warwick Frets [/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Nut Just a Nut II[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Neck construction Bolt On[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Body 2 pcs. Carolena Wood, solid[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Surface Ocean Blue OFC (Satin) Surface[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Pickups 2 pcs. passive MEC Vintage Humbucker[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Electronic passive MEC Electronic[/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Hardware Chrome Hardware by Warwick [/i][/indent]
[indent=1][i] Made in Germany / 08258 Markneukirchen[/i][/indent]

Edited by The Dark Lord

Hi DL,

Ummm please excuse my potential ignorance but why so cheap? This is up for half the price of a 'rock bass'

This hurts my head (and potentially my heart considering I forked a bundle for a 5 string $$ streamer a few months ago!)

Ash

[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1337649241' post='1663530']
Hi DL,

Ummm please excuse my potential ignorance but why so cheap? This is up for half the price of a 'rock bass'

This hurts my head (and potentially my heart considering I forked a bundle for a 5 string $$ streamer a few months ago!)

Ash
[/quote]

Although the neck is like that of a standard German Warwick, the body is made of Carolena which is a softer and cheaper wood. These still sound very good though. I used to own one.

Edited by rjb

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1337632911' post='1663299']The previous owner says he did that by finger playing ????[/quote]

With a finger technique like that I wouldn't lend him a bass. :o

Backup for sale again as buyer decided he needed to buy something else instead before I was due to deliver it to him.

Great bass.

Video clips at this link
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163461-precision-vs-jazz-vs-warwick-vs-other-precision/page__hl__warwick+jazz+precision__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='rjb' timestamp='1337761536' post='1664922']
Although the neck is like that of a standard German Warwick, the body is made of Carolena which is a softer and cheaper wood. These still sound very good though. I used to own one.
[/quote]

ahh i see! thanks for the insight rjb

all the bast with the sell DL :)

I had one of these in a past life. if I was looking for a backup bass instead of spending all of my money on more mundane crap I'd be having this. Great bass for the price.

Bump

[quote name='Turk' timestamp='1340150967' post='1700161']
I've got the single p-up version and I wouldn't let mine go for this price.
[/quote]
It's a sign of the times (especially for Warwicks). I have had quite some interest but no sale as yet. I did arrange to sell it to a guy very recently, but he then bought a similar one from ebay before the sale completed ... at a similar price. So this is the price they go for.

It's a great bass - I just have too many of them and I'm really a Fender guy.

[quote name='monkeyboymashblues' timestamp='1340313760' post='1702871']
Hi, is this nice looking bass still up for grabs? If so how much to post to Cornwall?
[/quote]
Yep - still here. I guess it'll be no more than £15 to courier to you. If it's any more than that I'll cover it myself. Let me know if you're interested. It's gotta go.

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='monkeyboymashblues' timestamp='1340497310' post='1705408']
Hi, I'm still very interested, how to do you intend to package the item? I know it comes in a gig bag but would like assurance it will safe from the courier and rough handling.

Regards. Kev.
[/quote]

PM'ed