Why become a member? ×

Matamp 610 cab***SOLD***

wayne58

I have just downsized my vehicle from a Landrover 110 to a Freelander, in an effort to make gigs a little more profitable considering the ridiculous price of diesel.
So my Matamp 610 is reluctantly up for sale.
It is in brand new absolutely immaculate ungigged condition having only been used for one rehearsal as I also have a 212 which I have been using for gigs.
I will include a new Roqsolid cover.
2,400 Watts @ 8ohms[attachment=108344:P1000518.jpg][attachment=108345:P1000517.jpg]

Details from Matamp website

Dimensions: 62cm wide x 40cm deep x 92cm high
Weight: Average 52kg
[b]13 lamination Birch plywood , finished on both sides, exterior bonded (void free)[/b]
[b]WBP – Water and Boil Proof.[/b]

[b]£550 collected from Preston Lancs[/b]

Edited by wayne58

these are the coolest cabs in the universe!!

I have a 4x10 in exactly the same livery and its the best cab i have owned. This is a bargain for the 6x10 version. If i had the cash i would be sorely tempted to chop my 4x10 in against one of these.

Shouldnt be here long hopefully as it will keep tempting me!

Someone buy this monster quick

Sorry to jump on this for sale thread, I don't usually do it and try not to...however,
Can anyone tell me how this would compare to an Ampeg SVT610 and whilst I'm at it, hows the top end, I notice from the pics that there's no tweeter, it looks that way at least.
Cheers. B)
PS, I play Blues......mainly.

Edited by kennyrodg

Not a problem
I had an Ampeg 410 Hlf and used to turn the tweeter way down or off, at that point I was playing west coast swing type blues with a flatwound strung Fender 'P' though.
I think I'm right in saying that Jeff at Matamp isn't a fan of tweeters, especially the ones fitted in standard cabs as they can only really give the really high end sizzle.
I haven't gigged with the cab, but at full band rehearsal it certainly wasn't lacking in any department, and I play Blues and R&B.

i used to have the 410hlf and my matamp 410 owns it! Much tighter bottom end and it pushes some massive air and really sings. I used to turn the tweeter off on my ampeg and im glad this doesnt have one as to me they are pointless as i dont like twingy fizzy stuff!

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1337605315' post='1662571']
i used to have the 410hlf and my matamp 410 owns it! Much tighter bottom end and it pushes some massive air and really sings. I used to turn the tweeter off on my ampeg and im glad this doesnt have one as to me they are pointless as i dont like twingy fizzy stuff!
[/quote]

+1 couldn't have put it better.

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1337538899' post='1661647']
Sorry to jump on this for sale thread, I don't usually do it and try not to...however,
Can anyone tell me how this would compare to an Ampeg SVT610 and whilst I'm at it, hows the top end, I notice from the pics that there's no tweeter, it looks that way at least.
Cheers. B)
PS, I play Blues......mainly.
[/quote]

Wondering what you need the tweeter for if you're playing blues, but having played these I can say they do have a very bright tight punchy sound, it is a sealed cab so has that snap to it.

Very nice and controlled overall.

I've never tried the Ampeg 6x10 but I have compared the Matamp 8x10 (which I own) and various Ampeg 8x10's and there is no comparison.

Also worth noting the Matamp is a true 8 ohm cab due to the rare 12ohm individual speakers, most 6x10's are like 5.3ohms or something which can cause you some issues if you're running a tube amp.

Hope this helps