Why become a member? ×

SOLD!

cayston

Hello people,

After much debate I have decided to part with my Fender Japan non-export '65 (rather '66) Jazz bass in white with matching headstock. These reissues came with dot inlays and bound neck rather than the usual block inlays of the late 60s jazz bases. I got this bass directly imported from ishibashi in japan (took me awhile to find it too). It's not in mint condition with marks all over the body but definitely a player's bass, I was thinking of refinishing it but that never materialised. I would have kept it if I didn't have to find my final year of study. I have also fitted a set of Hipshot oval tuners. Due to the cosmetic damages on the bass I am willing to drop the price to £500 (from £550) for this beauty and no trades please. Alternatvely I can let it go for £450 but I'm keeping the hipshot oval tuners. The original tuners will be returned to the bass. This is the lowest that I can go I'm afraid.

Many thanks for looking!

Edited by cayston

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1336951428' post='1653248']
I had a black one, Japanese non-export. I also had to fit Hipshot 'butterbean; tuners as this was something the Japs left out. Bump for a rare bass.
[/quote]

I think that's the one I own now. Great bass.

...And a bump for the OP.