Why become a member? ×

How much to post bass to Spain?

Just trying to get a quote to ship my beloved Pedulla Pentabuzz to Spain. I checked the Pinned post about Couriers and took the general concensus first choice of UPS but was rather surprised for them to come back with 118 quid for UPS Standard.

Ouch!

The bass in it's case measures 122x39x11cm and weighs 10Kg, this is without packaging.

Interparcel was also recommended, but they didn't use UPS to Spain (Barcelona).

Anyone posted internationally? Does that sound about right? Also, when entering the measurements should I put the ones with or without packaging?

Top marks for quick replies, I need to let the prospective buyer know tonight!

I posted a Jazz to jsixties in Madrid. IIRC it cost around £50 to £60 including enhanced insurance of £1000 with Interparcel. What really pushed the cost up was the insurance. Most standard insurance only covers up to £50 I think.

Edited by DirkThrust

The other thing to do, is check the small print, to establish that musical instruments are covered, by the courier of choice.

Parcelforce for example, if chosen via parcel2go, will charge you extra for insurance. However, in their small print, musical instruments are amongst the items excluded, so even though they will have happily accepted your money for the extra insurance, they won`t pay out, should anything happen. The get out is that it is written in the exclusions, and is the customers responsibility to do the checking up.