Why become a member? ×

HARTKE HA5000 SOLD

Here's my loved Hartke HA5000. Quite rare, amazingly powerful. Selling as I've gone micro.

[attachment=107556:P1010149.JPG] [attachment=107557:P1010147.JPG] [attachment=107558:P1010148.JPG]

Got this from a fellow BChatter, its 2 x 250W with a pair of outputs from each and a switchable cross over.

This means you can have one - four cabs plugged in with the same signal going into each,
OR
switch the crossover on and you can separate one or two cabs to receive the higher frequencies and the other one or two the low frequencies.

You can also vary the cut off between the high and low to whatever frequency you want, and also balance the level between to the two to counter for different speaker efficiencies and the like. 'Mazing!

I used to use a 2.5XL for the top and the Monster PRO1800 1x18 for the bottoms. The 210 could be driven really hard as all the deep stuff went to the bottom cab, which loved it.

Goodness, this was a big sound. Don't be put off by being 'only' 250W + 250W, I most often used just the 210 at 12 O'Clock and never went past 2 O'Clock (very loud rock rehearsals, could never gig that loud!). With two cabs it really goes.

Valve preamp, compressor, switchable graphic, high and low pass filters, usual DI and send/return etc, 4 speakers out, these are very well specified amps.

Got a gig bag type flight case on it, holds all your cables etc with ease.

Totally reliable, perfect working order, all leds work, pots silent, fan fine etc.

£[s]250[/s] then [s]£225[/s] and [s]£199[/s] and now, £175 - this is cheap! Need to sell as I'm still buying stuff!

Come try it out, Hornchurch Essex

Message me for more photos questions etc.

Edited by Johngh

Price reduction type bump.

Now £225, or make me an offer. Its a great amp, no issues, got everything you'll ever need and probably won't use all.

Will p/x for a John East preamp for a Jazz (long shot, I know, but that's what I want to buy with the money!).

Hmmnn - may be interested in this. Quick question, what is the output with 2 x 8 ohm cabs? Is it 250watts or will it do 500watts.
Just picked up an Ashdown ABM500 RC Evo3 as a backup amp and struggling to get comfy with it so may move it on. If this sounds anything like my Hartke LH500 then it could be the answer.

Bit complicated, its exactly like having 2 x 250W amps stacked.

1 amp into 1 8Ω cab will give 178W
1 amp into 2 8Ω cabs (ie 4Ω) will give 250W
[b][i]2 amps into 2 8Ω cabs will give 2 x 178 = 356W - (to answer your question)[/i][/b]
2 amps into 2 4Ωcabs will give 2 x 250W = 500W
2 amps into 4 8Ω cabs (ie 4Ω) will give 2 x 250W = 500W

It spent almost it's entire life with me going into a single 2.5XL which is 8Ω and was plenty loud, as mentioned honestly never went over 2 O'Clock with the rock band I was in which had 2 guitars, and keys. For some gigs I took along a second cab and never got to 12 O'Clock, adding a second cab is really loud.

In my drive to micro I've just bought a GB Streamliner 900 to drive my Barefaced cabs - they need it! - this is also plenty loud at 900W but not sure its any louder than the Hartke. (bit difficult to try those sorts of levels at home! But at rehearsals etc the GB is at 12 O'Clock too.)

Come and give it a try, its the classic Hartke sound and loads of it.

Thanks Mark, it is, I'm surprised it's still here, even if I say so myself. I think the thought is that 'only' 250W for 1 cab is insufficient.

Believe me brothers, you'd need to try and go really silly loud to find this amp inadequate with one cab.

However, still here it is but shouldn't be so, on Thursday, it will go for a 10 day excursion on the dreaded ebay. Poor thing.

Save it someone, it won't like it, it wants the love of a bass player, not a 'get something for cheap' ebay troll. It might have to go naked too as the gig case is a nice thing that could be used by someone I know.

Oh, bump btw!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To second the statement, I've got one of these with one of the power boards not working, so running a single 250W@4ohm channel into an 8ohm cab (apparently only getting 178W) - I've gigged in it a LOUD rock band with ease, not needed the master above 2 o'clock. Fantastically loud amp.

Oh, and thinking about moving mine on if anyone takes this one and wants another for spares...;)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Ian, thanks for the comment (albeit a while ago now!) its a very powerful amp.

Its kind of a useful spare, so no rush, but not one I need so still up for grabs.

Excellent condition, everything works fine, has been ultra-reliable and never any problem.

Isn't this cheap for an amp like this?

• 7 months later...

You'd have virtually the same power (don't forget to get twice as loud as 100W you'd need 1000W) in one handy little package. Actually, its quite heavy!

With two HA3500s you don't have the X-over to separate the frequencies and levels going to each cab, just the same going to each regardless of cab sensitivity and frequency handling.

£174.99?