Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1958, NEW PRICE, Relic. £150 off!!

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Need space and money for a new Project, so something’s gotta go, and this is next on the list.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]This is a project bass, that I assembled, to replicate my original ’58, as I wanted one I could take out and play regularly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Great time and expense was spent sourcing period correct parts, to make it as authentic looking, feeling, and playing, as possible. The dates and decal were added for my benefit only, as I never intended to sell it. The new owner can choose to leave these on, or remove/change as necessary. It is not a production Fender bass, although [u]all[/u] the components are original (reissue!) Fender. The body is unknown origin, but matches Fender dimensions perfectly, and the 3-tone is excellent, much better than most copies, so it may well be a fender one, but I cannot confirm, everything else is real Fender.[/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]3-Tone Sunburst body, lightly aged, and relic’d, fake date of 10/58 added[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Single piece maple neck (Fender), with period correct truss rod nut and location, amber tinted, rolled edges, and relic’d. Fake date of 6/58 added[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue, bridge with threaded saddles, all aged[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue, reverse tuners & bushings, all aged[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender string tree, aged[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender period correct decal added, and aged[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]1958 Neckplate added, #41223[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue, gold anodized guard, aged.[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue pickups, with correct, raised ‘A’ polepieces, these are very rare, and hard to source.[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue thumbrest[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue pots, wiring and knobs[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Fender reissue chrome pickup and bridge covers, aged.[/color][/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]8lb with covers, typical light 50's Fender, not an 11lb 70's jobby!![/color][/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Looking for [s]£795 [/s][/color][color=#FF0000][b]£695.[/b][/color][color=#000000] Less than half the price of a used CS relic, and much less than a used US Reissue, with all the mojo of an original. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]I also have a Fender Custom Shop tweed case, with a repro copy of the 1957-8 Catalog; 1958-9 Catalog; 1957-8 Pricelist; Swing tags, and lead. (These items are available to the new owner, but negotiable, as not included in the sale price stated). [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]This has been a great project to build, as you’ll see, every effort has been made to make it as ‘correct’ as possible, including the raised A pickups. Plays great too, nice and loud, great response, and lovely neck. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]This needs to be sold, so will be going on ‘The Bay’ in a couple of weeks or so, but thought I’d offer to you lot first.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Prefer collection, but will consider shipping.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Here’s some pics.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Thanks for looking[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][color=#000000]Rick[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

I want this, badly! Not had a P for about 16 years but after seeing the recent Ishibashi '58 and now this more affordable one - in better nick, I might add - I got GAS bad!! Time to float the old Rick 4001 yet again!

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1336594877' post='1648234']
Bugger me! I thought this was a custom shop until I read the description! Very nice bass, good luck! ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment, I try hard to get things 'right'. I bought a CS Relic to play regularly, as my real one was too valuable, I then wanted to make my own, based on the best parts of those two. Here's a pic of the 3 together.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1336685395' post='1649634']
You're right, I do, their quite common though, but despite that, I'll give you £250 for yours?? :P :lol: :P
[/quote]

well that's £50 more than the price I think they were new..... so maybe I should think about it..... :D :P