Why become a member? ×

Can't upload pics anymore? Limit exceeded??

Rick's Fine '52

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just tried to reply to a post with a pic, which I've never had an issue with, and received this message;[/font][/size]

[color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Used [/size][/font][/color][b]30.11MB[/b][color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] of your [/size][/font][/color][b]30MB[/b][color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] global upload quota (Max. single file size: [/size][/font][/color][b]50MB[/b][color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]D[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]oes this mean i have to go through all my previous posts and delete the attachments to make space?? [/font][/size][/size][/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/font][/size]

Guest teamcoy

If you click your username in top right > My Profile > Edit my Profile > Manage Attachments.

So, to answer your question, you will need to remove some but this is how.

Hope this helps.

Edited by teamcoy

Guest teamcoy

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1336429795' post='1645620']
Thanks teamcoy, appreciate that.
[/quote]

No problem.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1336429813' post='1645622']
You could try remotely hosting the pictures on Photobucket, then instead of uploading them to here, just use the 'Image' tool, enter the URL of the image, and voila! Lots more photos :)
[/quote]

But the image is still uploaded isn't it? Doesnt it use your allocation if its copied via Photobucket?, only from your desktop? <_<

No if you use Photobucket the image is pulled from Photobucket's servers when someone views the thread that it's posted on. Much better for Basschat's server space and much better for the reader of the post since the images come in at the full width that the browser window allows instead of thumbnails that need to be clicked to be viewed properly.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1336485263' post='1646246']
No if you use Photobucket the image is pulled from Photobucket's servers when someone views the thread that it's posted on. Much better for Basschat's server space and much better for the reader of the post since the images come in at the full width that the browser window allows instead of thumbnails that need to be clicked to be viewed properly.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, I'll have a clean up later, and get a photobucket account set up.

• 6 months later...