Why become a member? ×

true bypass loop for effects and instrument selector

Dread Bass

ok after last night and my whole pedal boardd going down im looking for a pedal that has a true bypass loop i can put all my effects in so if anything goes wrong i dont cut out. Ideally i want one that can also select between 2 instrument inputs.

Anyone got an idea if such a thing exsists?

I may email red onion see if they could make one

[quote name='BassManKev' post='177810' date='Apr 16 2008, 12:50 PM']higgie i just dug out that looper pedal you sold me ages ago and with a quick bit of soldering, its working again woooop[/quote]

Nice one Kev!

[quote name='metaltime' post='177797' date='Apr 16 2008, 12:41 PM']ok after last night and my whole pedal boardd going down.....[/quote]

That sounds like a nightmare! However (haven't seen your board?) I gig with a very messy board with over 20 pedals of which I think 1 is true bypass. I've only ever had problems once, and that was when my old plastic Zoom pedal f*cked up. Maybe you just need to make sure all your connections are secure etc?

Actually, one other time I completely cut out at a gig. The cable from my bass to my board had been cut in half by something?!? (planet waves) but I spent about 3 minutes checking my board and amp cables before realising it! I hate looking a d*ck on stage.

[quote name='metaltime' post='177797' date='Apr 16 2008, 12:41 PM']ok after last night and my whole pedal boardd going down im looking for a pedal that has a true bypass loop i can put all my effects in so if anything goes wrong i dont cut out. Ideally i want one that can also select between 2 instrument inputs.

Anyone got an idea if such a thing exsists?

I may email red onion see if they could make one[/quote]

It is relatively easy to make.

I can draw the schematics for you and if it is not urgent I can build one for you.

I am not sure this is exactly what you want. Please let me know if it is right. If it isn't I will try modify it for you.

While you are building the box you may want to add a tuner out and/or a mute switch.

[i]EDIT: I uploaded a new version (1.1). The old version had the LEDs reversed.[/i]

Edited by Silent Fly