Why become a member? ×

Mark King Alembic ++++NOW SOLD SOLD SOLD++++

Sshmuttley

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1334696905' post='1620029']
I had one exactly the same as this, also bought from the Bass Centre in Birmingham in 1998, it wouldn't surprise me if this one is from the same batch as mine. Brilliant bass.
[/quote]

Cool! I wonder if it was from the same batch? Took me about seven hours in the shop trying nearly every bass they had.............. still keep coming back to the Alembic!!!! Always wanted one from when I saw Greg Lakes Alembic in a repair shop in Ringwood in for a re-fret when I was at school!
Mega beast it was too! Where the serial number plate is on this one, on his it read 'Presented to Greg Lake from Alembic' .............

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1334732735' post='1620269']
simply lovely - what's the scale length - looks like it could be 32"?
[/quote]

Hi Lozbass yes your right! ........................ Sorry I'm wrong lol. The scale actually is 34"

Edited by Sshmuttley

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1334745016' post='1620494']
I appreciate that there are a lot of skint people out there but even so this seems like the bargain of the year - I expect it will sell soon..
[/quote]

Thanks for that! Yes I hope I've priced it about right, it is lovely, an absolute dream to play. Hate having to sell but ho hum.

[quote name='Bassistist' timestamp='1334767960' post='1620977']
what`s the weight of this beauty?
LED`s ?
[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi there here's some more info I've been digging out for everyone's information.................[/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] :D[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]No, no LED's[/font][/size]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The weight is around 9.5 / 10 pounds,[/font][/size][/color]

[left]Scale is 34″ and it's 1.75″ at the nut and 2.25″ at 24th fret[/left]

[left]''Pickups are Alembic AXY4[/left]

[left]The controls on a signature are[/left]
[left]volume, balance, neck pickup filter, neck Q switch, bridge pickup filter, and bridge Q switch.[/left]

[left]The filter control is a low pass filter; as you roll it back it lowers the point at which it passes low frequency signals and blocks high frequency signals.[/left]

[left]The range is from 350Hz-6KHz. Wherever you set the filter, only frequencies below that cutoff point are passed.[/left]

[left]The Q switch works in concert with the filter and provides an 8db boost at the cut off frequency you’ve set with the filter. When the switch is off you get a flat response up to the filter setting. “the Q affects mainly the attack portion of the note”.............(sourced from another Bass site.... Ta!)[/left]

[left]These options give so many tonal variations and you can really use them live to get different sound settings at the flick of a switch![/left]

[left]All the controls are smooth and crackle free .............[/left]

Edited by Sshmuttley

[quote name='Paul Clifton' timestamp='1334777529' post='1621219']
You put the price UP? THat's bound to win over the people who were interested lol

£3K is more than I paid for my Series I so I think your original price was more realistic for a Signature Standard, but GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Yes Thanks for that, I've had a few PM's from people who have sold one like it who have said too cheap for condition etc so just trying the water but open to offers...........................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...