Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Prime_BASS

I have to trade a 1995 Fender MIA Jazz Deluxe, serial is N5 so indicates it's a '95 but does come with a 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock, indicating 1996. Not uncommon, if it was made late in the year.

Reason: I brought this on here as a small lingering bit of GAS for a good Jazz was burning softly in my loins, and I need a suitable backup for when I finally sort out the Sterling for a new neck. While it is a great example of a Jazz by Fender it just really isn't for me, the neck is slighly chunkier than the sterling and the sound is obviously too different for me.

Rosewood on a one piece maple neck, truss rod adjustment at heel.
[b]22 frets[/b]
Trans vintage white/cream with Tort Pickguard.
[b]String through[/b]
9v active preamp.
Vol, Blend, Bass/Treble, Mid.
[b]John Suhr Single Pole Piece pickups.[/b]
Fender branded Schaller MS4 tuners.
Fender Moulded case
Truss rod tool.
Inspection Papers.
[b]8.4lbs[/b]

Things that make this version of the J bass stand out are the 22 frets, smaller and lighter body and the pretty decent John Suhr pickups.

As far as jazzs go this is been my favourite to own. The pickups and active circuit the high end is very open and airy but it still sound like a traditional passive jazz. It does what Jazz's do best. Everything. The back pickup is very burpy and Jaco like and with some EQ can be extremely full and aggresive, both pickups gives you the classic Marcus Miller sound, mid scoop and fat slap sounds, great for pick playing. The front pickup sounds exactly like any other P-bass I've owned. The low isn't massive and rolling but with a turn of the bass knob it can get pretty huge, but I think this helps give a better percussive attack and is very punchy for an active jazz.

It is also extremely light, 8.4lbs on my bathroom scales, my sterling weighs more! It has some dunlop strap pins fitted to it (for the locking system) but they are extremely usable without the locking system.

Pictures:
[attachment=105156:Gedling-20120401-00170.jpg][attachment=105157:Gedling-20120401-00171.jpg][attachment=105158:Gedling-20120401-00174.jpg][attachment=105159:Gedling-20120407-00183.jpg][attachment=105160:Gedling-20120407-00185.jpg][attachment=105161:Gedling-20120407-00186.jpg][attachment=105162:Gedling-20120407-00187.jpg][attachment=105163:Gedling-20120407-00188.jpg][attachment=105164:Gedling-20120407-00189.jpg]

I tried to do my best with pictures, I'm no photographer and only have my camera phone. There is a little bit of buckle rash, fairly negligable, the neck has a few bumps on the back but nothing drastic and while playing they become invisible, also as you can see there is a fairly substantial knock to the finish on the top horn, but it doesn't penetrate the wood at all and is purely cosmetic and doesnt effect the playability or sound etc etc.

Trades: Ideally I'm looking at a straight trade, I can not really part with too much cash, but I will for the right bass.

I'm looking for either an early Sterling (with the old style bridge) in any colour/condition.
A newer Sterling but I will be picky about colour (not too keen on the standard classic colours) again condition is not important.
I may take a SUB bass in the Sterling design, but must be A1 condition, and cash my way I'm afraid.
A Stingray but weight for me is important.
Early Warwick FNA (single MM style pickup)

I'm not after amps really, but I am looking at Markbass cabs, mainly the traveller series, like the 1x15 or something.

Hit me with what you have.

Stephen

While I'd stil;l rather trade, something has come up that I really want to try out (The Bongo 4H) so for at least for now it's open to a straight sale.
£550 Posted, by bank transfer, or cash on collection. I'm just outside Nottingham City centre, 10 minute drive north.

Edited by Prime_BASS