Why become a member? ×

INSIDE A MYWATT 200

bertbass

As the title says, photos of a Mywatt 200 inside and out for fellow valve addicts in bass player land.

[attachment=104944:mywatt 1.jpg][attachment=104945:mywatt 2.jpg][attachment=104946:mywatt 3.jpg][attachment=104947:mywatt 4.jpg][attachment=104948:mywatt 5.jpg][attachment=104949:mywatt 6.jpg][attachment=104950:mywatt 7.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1335030029' post='1625032']
Yup, looks neat and tidy. All "decent" handwired construction. Not a PCB in sight. chassis-mounted valve bases. All as it should be !! Very nice indeed.
[/quote]

That is a PCB in the middle. Nothing wrong with a PCB done right, but its totally there.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1335043439' post='1625226']
That is a PCB in the middle. Nothing wrong with a PCB done right, but its totally there.
[/quote]

OK, missed that. My eyesight plus low res pictures don't go together well ! And I agree, there's nothing inherently wrong with PCB done right. Proper industrial/spacecraft-grade stuff is just as reliable as any handwiring. It's just that hand-wiring is so much easier for idiots like me to mend and fiddle with, compared with PCB. My soldering is always at risk of wrecking PCBs !

On another note where can you buy these amps, and roughly how much are they ? The Weber/Mywatt website doesn't help at all with these questions. Nor does my googling.

I really miss fiddling with my tube guitar amps, now that I'm all bass these days.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1335081017' post='1625386']
OK, missed that. My eyesight plus low res pictures don't go together well ! And I agree, there's nothing inherently wrong with PCB done right. Proper industrial/spacecraft-grade stuff is just as reliable as any handwiring. It's just that hand-wiring is so much easier for idiots like me to mend and fiddle with, compared with PCB. My soldering is always at risk of wrecking PCBs !
[/quote]

Can handwire a pcb too. Handwiring itself isn't a plus, because someone can still do a rubbish job by hand. Turret construction is easy for fiddling, but pcb can have all the parts labelled on the PCB, which helps with idiot proofing. The turrets on PCB that Matamp use is the ultimate, neat layout and ease of repair.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1335090047' post='1625490']
Handwiring itself isn't a plus, because someone can still do a rubbish job by hand. [/quote]

Absolutely true, and I have done many, many rubbish handwiring jobs in my time ! incredibly, they generally seemed to turn out pretty well, just looked atrocious !

Direct from the man himself.

[i]The prices of the MYWATT AMPS are:

MYWATT100 ( Guitar ) € 1000.- plus shipping costs.
MYWATT200 ( Bass ) € 1400.- plus shipping costs.
MYWATT400 ( Bass ) € 1800.- plus shipping costs.
The shipping costs to UK is € 50.-

The delivery times are a about 10 days after income the selling price.[/i]

[i]you have to pay by my international bank account[/i]

The actual UK price is dependent at the exchange rate on the day that you send the money. Mine was £1,200 including postage.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1335100241' post='1625686']
Direct from the man himself.

[i]The prices of the MYWATT AMPS are:

MYWATT100 ( Guitar ) € 1000.- plus shipping costs.
MYWATT200 ( Bass ) € 1400.- plus shipping costs.
MYWATT400 ( Bass ) € 1800.- plus shipping costs.
The shipping costs to UK is € 50.-

The delivery times are a about 10 days after income the selling price.[/i]

[i]you have to pay by my international bank account[/i]

The actual UK price is dependent at the exchange rate on the day that you send the money. Mine was £1,200 including postage.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Bert !

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1335030029' post='1625032']
Yup, looks neat and tidy. All "decent" handwired construction. Not a PCB in sight. chassis-mounted valve bases. All as it should be !! Very nice indeed.
[/quote]

it's all on pcbs? Nice wiring, not quite up to hiwatt standards though, where are the right angles? ;p

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1335061488' post='1625345']
The pcb is only used to fix the tags too and not a pcb as such, so true point to point wiring.
[/quote]

Tags isn't point to point either, if there is a tag at either end, its not going from point to point. The preamp baord isn't a through hole PCB, but still a PCB, and the power section board is full on PCB. Not point to point wiring. Point to point means stuff everywhere, because the two points don't ten to be lined up in neat rows when a necessity of bunches of those points is being arranged in circles: http://mhuss.com/AmpInfo/

Here's some point to point: