Why become a member? ×

wireless systems

ashevans09

I still occasionally use my trusty old Nady 201VHF, which is on 175Mhz. I have no idea, and can't find out whether it is still legal to use in the UK, various sites say it is legal and licence free as long as the output is below a certain level, but I have no idea what its output is...

All I know is, it still works better than many of the digital systems i've tried, and I don't seem to pick up any taxi companies on it!! Perhaps someone here knows the answer?

I found this:- "deregulated radio mic frequencies of [b]173.8 MHz[/b] to [b]175.0 MHz[/b] conforming to [b]MPT 1345[/b] at the [b]2 mW[/b] power levels." on this site; [url="http://www.amps.net/newsletters/issue10/10_radio.htm"]http://www.amps.net/newsletters/issue10/10_radio.htm[/url] An interesting site if you actually know what you have got!!

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='Johnnyc' timestamp='1342180585' post='1730943']
Time to resurrect this thread I guess!

To all you wireless users, which do you think is better? Line 6 G50 or Stageclix Jack?

Things I like about the Stageclix are that you can use the receiver as a battery charger which is super handy, and I'm thinking a jack would be easier than a pack... I cba with the cables and trying to attach it to my strap. The one thing putting me off is that my mate who has tried out both said that the stageclix was pretty plasticy, didnt feel that solid. Doesnt sound right seeing as the G50 is cheaper and made of metal right?

cheers
[/quote]

The stageclix is made out of a super strong plastic, you won't break it. They made videos on YouTube with them running the transmitter and receiver over in a truck and then showed it still working!

The jack is very handy especially if swapping basses over! And once you unplug it it sort of mutes itself so you don't have any unpleasant noises.

I think the Line 6 offerings are bloody good and great value for money, but the added convenience and reliability of the Stageclix is what prompted me to wait til I could afford that instead

I did consider the Stageclix before I bought the g30 and while it ticked all the boxes the thing that put me off was that the receiver is also the charger for the transmitter and my receiver is permanently mounted on my pedal board and only appears at gigs. This meant that I could only charge the transmitter when the pedal board was on stage and plugged in to the mains. Not an ideal situation for me.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1342260450' post='1732394']
I did consider the Stageclix before I bought the g30 and while it ticked all the boxes the thing that put me off was that the receiver is also the charger for the transmitter and my receiver is permanently mounted on my pedal board and only appears at gigs. This meant that I could only charge the transmitter when the pedal board was on stage and plugged in to the mains. Not an ideal situation for me.
[/quote]

It's funny how that exact feature was a major plus for me! Once Ive set up and soundchecked I just leave the thing charging :)

Ok cheers for the responses guys that sounds rather reassuring about the stageclix. The G50 does look good but Stageclix seems far more convenient for my needs. Will definately be getting one at some point in the near future. I've decided to prioritise getting set up with in ear monitors first though as I wanna keep my eardrums intact when I start gigging again with my hardcore band in a month or two! ;) £350 can get me a pair of Alienears G8's!