Why become a member? ×

DR201 and DR405 replica for sale (from Croatia...)

Dad3353

Good afternoon...

This is a link to a thread on another forum, where a replica Hiwatt DR201 and DR405 are up for sale. I have no connection with the seller, other than common forum membership. The build quality of these amps is impressive, and the building was followed keenly on the forum at the time. Worth a look, at least, to see how it can be done. Anyone interested..?

[url="http://www.vintagehiwattconvention.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1519"]http://www.vintagehiwattconvention.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1519[/url]

As a teaser, here's a 'gut shot'...

[attachment=104436:DR405_Repl.jpg]

[quote name='riba2233' timestamp='1334060924' post='1610261']
Hi guys, I'm selling these amps, if you have any questions, please email me: riba2233 @ yahoo.com

I can lower the price, of course.

Thanks, Jakov
[/quote]
If you're selling them - you need to state a price - forum rules ta & some pictures wouldn't go amiss :)

Cheerz, John

Thanks to you :) I used to be a prototype wireman in a previous world, worked for Vox a while, late 60's/70's, mostly on the amps & organs.
That looks some nice neat work from you, good luck with your sales, these days I have no need for anything bigger than my Ashdown 30 watt Little Bastard. That has oodles of old school noises pouring out of it :D

Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1334063410' post='1610301']
Thanks to you :) I used to be a prototype wireman in a previous world, worked for Vox a while, late 60's/70's, mostly on the amps & organs.

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

Hey!! That's my trade. Not so much actual prototype work around these days though, and I've never worked for anyone famous in the music biz.

Edit: Beautiful workmanship Jakov. Some of the best I've seen.

Edited by DirkThrust

There you go :P see VOX might not have ever been famous if I hadn't worked for them :lol: :D :o

Good luck, a mate of mine is working as a PW in the industry, away from home all week in B&B but gets a damn good wedge.

ATB,
John

[quote name='DirkThrust' timestamp='1334064029' post='1610313']
Hey!! That's my trade. Not so much actual prototype work around these days though, and I've never worked for anyone famous in the music biz.

Edit: [b]Beautiful workmanship Jakov. Some of the best I've seen.[/b]
[/quote]

Thanks, I hope that I wont have any trouble selling it.

I used to wire up the old GPO telephone exchanges so I know a thing about neat wiring & cabling. You have wiring OCD and I mean that in a very positive way.

Whats the size of the 200W one then? Is it the usual 22" wide or more? I wish these all-valve amps would be made under 19" then they would look OK sat on top a lot more of the cabs made "that's my OCD kicking in now"

Did I say "what lovely amps"

[quote name='Tankdave' timestamp='1334082967' post='1610737']
I used to wire up the old GPO telephone exchanges so I know a thing about neat wiring & cabling. You have wiring OCD and I mean that in a very positive way.

Whats the size of the 200W one then? Is it the usual 22" wide or more? I wish these all-valve amps would be made under 19" then they would look OK sat on top a lot more of the cabs made "that's my OCD kicking in now"

Did I say "what lovely amps"
[/quote]

Thanks, 200w has 100w box dimensions, but 200/400w chassis dimensions.

So the box is 25' wide, and chassis is 21.5' wide.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1335299932' post='1629063']
What are the transformers?
[/quote]

They are local, hand made according to Hiwatt specifications, as far as I could find.

http://www.vintagehiwattconvention.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1177&start=30#p9959

Pretty big :)

Edited by riba2233

• 2 weeks later...