Why become a member? ×

Dean Markley Blue Steels DOA

D.I. Joe

Last night I replaced my usual Rotosounds on my HW-One P bass with some Blue Steels, gauge 50-105, only to find that the D string is completely dead. Seriously, there is more life in a tramp's vest!

I bought these strings from a fellow Basschatter and when they arrived the pack was still in it's cellophane wrap, so this is obviously a dud.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi Joe,

Geraint here from Dean Markley's UK distributor,Sutherland Trading Co LTD.

Sorry to hear that you have received some faulty Dean Markley bass strings, and i'd like to help you with your situation. Can you please e-mail me directly on [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]. With your full shipping address, i will be more than happy to send you a replacemnt set.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Geraint morgan

[quote name='geraintjohnmorgan' timestamp='1333466930' post='1602120']
Hi Joe,

Geraint here from Dean Markley's UK distributor,Sutherland Trading Co LTD.

Sorry to hear that you have received some faulty Dean Markley bass strings, and i'd like to help you with your situation. Can you please e-mail me directly on [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]. With your full shipping address, i will be more than happy to send you a replacemnt set.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Geraint morgan
[/quote]
That was fast!

• 1 month later...

Hello there, I am one week into fitting Blue Steels onto my G&L L2000. I thought it might just be my ears but I too have discovered the same problem. EAD absolutely fine, though the G sound insanely weak. It's like it has been cryogenically deactivated. Will be refitting the stock strings tonight.

Geraint from Dean Markley, do you want me to send you them back?

Thanks,

Garry

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1336499740' post='1646529']
Hello there, I am one week into fitting Blue Steels onto my G&L L2000. I thought it might just be my ears but I too have discovered the same problem. EAD absolutely fine, though the G sound insanely weak. It's like it has been cryogenically deactivated. Will be refitting the stock strings tonight.

Geraint from Dean Markley, do you want me to send you them back?

Thanks,

Garry
[/quote]
If I was you I'd email him direct - he did give his address - and he may not be looking at this.

I used these for a while and they were fabulous until the D string broke then the A.
Excellent sound though.Only stopped using them due to the breakages,might have been unlucky.
Mind you I did have a stadium elite 105 break on me straight out the box apart from that that,s all the broken strings I,ve had in not telling you how many years.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1336499910' post='1646532']

If I was you I'd email him direct - he did give his address - and he may not be looking at this.
[/quote]

+1

Geraint is a top bloke, he sent me a new set no questions asked. I haven't actually used the replacements yet though as he also sent me some fancy new Helix SS strings which are now on my Precision. I'll get round to a review soon!!