Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB4210 vs Fender Rumble 350.

Dandelion

Anyone owned both?

Which is best for pub/Club gigs with drummer?

I can add an extra cab with the Marshall, but not with the Fender.

The Marshall is 300W (450W with Extra cab), The Fender is 350W, but with no provision for extra cab.

Which makes the most noise?

I am completely torn between the two.

All assitance is appreciated. :unsure:

I`ve had the Marshall. It`s a very loud amp. I used mine in a rock band with a very loud drummer, and 2 gtrs with Marshall half-stacks. Coped fine, volume on abt 5 or 6. The ability to add the extra cab is nice - you can then have a Marshall stack - but not necessary.

I`ve used Fender Rumble amps, though only the 100 watt versions. Great tone from these amps. I did think though, that for 100 watts it was very quiet, so would be concerned that this could be a trait through the whole range.

i had a marshall 4210, was struggling to establish an authorative bass presence at loud oub gigs, we do play very loud. I bought the 15" extn cab but after a few months both developed isues with crossover card and went down mid gigs which i was most unhappy about. Marshall sent me out replacement crossover cards but they also gave same problem after a few months. The design meant a component was subject to stress and vibration and the soldering snapped through.
Now they may have solved this issue now but personally i'd look for something different - i would not recommend either for bass.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1332916797' post='1594716']

I`ve used Fender Rumble amps, though only the 100 watt versions. Great tone from these amps. I did think though, that for 100 watts it was very quiet, so would be concerned that this could be a trait through the whole range.
[/quote]

Was it the 115 or 210 Rumble? I used the 115 in a practice room and found it a bit lacking. I had the volume quite high and struggled to hear myself. The new 350's are an improvement IMO, I've used mine quite a bit and never had it past 12o'clock. If the guitars and drums are any louder than that they need to turn themselves down ;)