Why become a member? ×

Calling Aguilar DB751 owners best cab combo

bassadder

Hi Guys

Just got a DB 751 and wanted to know the best combination. Most of my gigs are with a function band so I do anything from Elvis to current chart tunes.

I use an Avalon U5 and Ultimate Ear UE Pro 7's. The head is killer and really like the look of DB series of cabs al a Paul Turner who sounds awesome with his, any advice would be much appreciated.

I'd be thinking 2xDB210's if you weren't going to hammer the sound...which I doubt you would do on your gig.
I use them with a TF-550-B and the sound is great..and am glad I went that route instead of a DB115 plus DB210
in which the DB115 is heavier. The sound with 2x210 is big and very punchy with a full but focused low B
The DB210's aren't light at 60lbs but are easily manageable. and I use a smaller 2x112 rig for smaller stages.

If the gig wanted more than I have atm, I'd run a 610 or DB810...and feel that Aguilar miss a trick not running a 610 option

Edited by JTUK

In ears are great with the right mix it's like being in the studio but this is also a problem as they isolate you from your fellow musicians and the audience so I'm using one in and one out and I'm using a rig a monitor to give some air and feel.

I always wanted a DB750 751 and finally got one but I need cabs that really work the head to it's full potential not just volume but just tone as well. Anyway had a chat with Dave Avenius (of Aguilar Amps) and have gone with Higgies and Dave's recommendation and order 2 DB212's

Thanks to everyone that posted