Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Customer Service! WOW!

grunge666

I bought a Barefaced Super Twelve back in February and I've played it twice a week plus 2 gigs since then.
I'm a nightmare with EQ and really give it some with the gain on my SVT3Pro too.

Last week, hitting a 'G' on one of my D Tuned Spectors was really pushing the cones and one was cutting out slightly and seemed like it was peaking.

I emailed Alex @ Barefaced when I got back from rehearsal and to my surprise he replied straight away - it was 11pm!!

I explained what the problem was, he made a few suggestions on diagnostics and waited for the results. A few emails back and forth - the upshot being one of the woofers might have a manufacturing fault.

This was Tuesday - got back from work today (Friday) and there was a replacement driver waiting for me!

Alex emailed me some instructions and things to be wary of and an hour later, I've got a working S12 again! :D
I've seen the 'inner sanctum' of the innards of an S12! :crazy:

I'm not used to customer service like this - it should be the norm in any business but, to me, what Alex did was above and beyond anything I expected and, well, a breath of fresh air.

Thank you Alex and keep up the great work both in producing the finest bass cabs I've ever heard and also valuing me as a customer - I can't help thinking that if every company followed your lead, we wouldn't be in the sh!t we are now ecomony wise!

I might be getting carried away a bit but, the service I received this week had really blown me away, and I can't sing the praises of Barefaced high enough!

There is hope.......... ;)

I quite agree - when I got my first S12 it had an odd buzz that was especially apparent with the lower notes, so I stuck a mic in front of it and emailed Alex a short clip of me just playing each string of my 5 in turn. Couple of days later FedEx were back to drop off a new cab and pick up the first. In truth, it was probably nothing that a bit of diagnostic action couldn't have at least tracked down (and I was emailing more for some ideas of where best to start looking than anything else) but I got a straight swap instead, and none of the old "got to take it back and make sure you've not broken it before we send you another" that most much bigger retailers give you, either. That's got to go down as good customer service, especially when you consider that by that point if I was Alex I'd have wanted to smack me for being generally impatient (it's a character flaw I accept I'll never iron out)! Second S12 was/is perfect.

Well I never had any problems with my Barefaced cabs, but I can confirm Alex`s customer service is amazing. Swift response to comms, with all requested information provided. I think my initial dealings were with him on a Friday - late afternoon/early evening - sent the message, expecting a reply on Monday. Nope, within 10mins. Can`t rate the company highly enough. I miss my Barefaced cabs, but unfortunately I had to raise swift cash, and they were the fall guys.

That's awesome customer service!

But to play devils advocate the case of Ed_S's shouldn't have reached the customer in the first place. I agree that in the OPs situation to test for a fault that happened after time would be near impossible so fair play on that one :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1332584836' post='1590249']But to play devils advocate the case of Ed_S's shouldn't have reached the customer in the first place.
[/quote]

But do you think Ed's cab reached him via magic, or is there a chance it got thrown onto a van, dropped onto a depot floor, picked up with a forklift (and possibly driven into!) dropped onto a conveyor belt, dropped into a truck, thrown out of a truck onto another another depot floor, chucked into a van, and finally delivered to his home, and at some point in the process it might have been hit so hard that a joint broke and started buzzing, despite being built tough enough to handle years of gigging abuse and packaged pretty damn thoroughly?! ;)

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1332592554' post='1590399']
But do you think Ed's cab reached him via magic, or is there a chance it got thrown onto a van, dropped onto a depot floor, picked up with a forklift (and possibly driven into!) dropped onto a conveyor belt, dropped into a truck, thrown out of a truck onto another another depot floor, chucked into a van, and finally delivered to his home, and at some point in the process it might have been hit so hard that a joint broke and started buzzing, despite being built tough enough to handle years of gigging abuse and packaged pretty damn thoroughly?! ;)
[/quote]

nah :P