Why become a member? ×

Archer/ex demo/on ebay

Rickylee

Hi, spotted this on ebay......don't know if it is worth chasing. Looks ok apart from the finish and a burst strap in the case.
I know a few of you guys rate the Archer and from what I have found out so far (mostly from Basschat) it is probably my best choice for my budget. The auction starts at £500. Ends on Sunday. I think that £600-£650 would be ok, but any more, then you may as well spend £880 for one that isn't ex demo.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Archer-3-4-size-professional-Double-Bass-Ex-Demo-RRP-849-/270931398316?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item3f14c50eac"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f14c50eac[/url]

appreceiate any input

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ricky,
I bought myself an Archer a couple of years ago, and after I recently had it set up,(having played it for a couple of years) it is now emminently playable, and certainly one of the basses I've ever played.
Ex demo or new, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I mean mine played straight out of the box after tuning up, of course

[quote name='RonM' timestamp='1333060673' post='1596967']I mean mine played straight out of the box after tuning up, of course [/quote]

You were lucky
every time I've been into Gear4music the double basses on show have been unplayable, and the guy behind the counter was totally ignorant about uprights.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1333061233' post='1596979']
Well Plux's is fine (after a setup and a decent set of strings were put on it)

You can here it [url="http://soundcloud.com/51m0n-1/sets/brighton-and-hove-youth-big-1"]here[/url]
[/quote]

Sounds good to me

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1333061078' post='1596975']
every time I've been into Gear4music the double basses on show have been unplayable, [/quote]

I live just down the street from them so I went in after they listed that Archer on eBay, and the Archer they currently have on the showroom floor has a string missing...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1333096478' post='1597174']
I live just down the street from them so I went in after they listed that Archer on eBay, and the Archer they currently have on the showroom floor has a string missing...
[/quote]

Ex-Demo = ex-demolished

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1333096478' post='1597174']
[/quote]

the one i played in there a couple of months ago was the same until i tuned to the correct pitch then it only had 2 strings on it :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...