Why become a member? ×

For sale...Warwick dolphin pro II 1991 SOLD

pudie

[attachment=102728:FILE0011.JPG] [b][size=5]£500[/size][/b] on my pretty rare Warick dolphin pro II Feb '91 in blue, . One chip (looks bigger in the photo than it really is ) but lovely sounding bass. I have the action set really low but can obviously be set to personal taste.
Merseyside area.
[size=5] Would consider trade for USA Jazz or Stingray[/size]

Edited by pudie

Just an observation but 'if' this bass were say... on an auction site for less than on here (and accepting offers lower than the BIN price) and a sale on here was saving you for instance a further £50 in fees, it might be worth giving BCers a bit of guidance on the offers you'd accept (totally your call though). :)

BTW I'm not trying to haggle for the bass or knock your price, simply making a friendly unbiased observation that hopefully would get you a quicker sale. ;)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1335808180' post='1636382']
[sup][size=5]I had one of these many moons ago ... great bass.[/size][/sup]

[sup][size=5]This is a [b](unbelievably)[/b] good deal.[/size][/sup]
[/quote]

Shirezy, I think it depends on which Thumb bass you buy..

Personally I prefer the Dolphin over the Thumb - no neck dive and more exclusive..

BTW I fixed this for you..

Edited by TheGreek

As the sig probably gives away I'm a bit of an addict for 'wicks (and tend to buy bargain ones rather than new!). I know what you mean about the thumb neck dive issue, it can be a bit of a challenge. Any idea on the specs on this bass anyone?

I had one of these too and it was fantastic. Sold it to a friend and everytime I hear him play it I want it back! Mine was almost as good as my (superb) '91 Pro 1 through-neck and was better IMO than my '96 through-neck.

I caved in and bought it...

A wonderful instrument though and Steve's a lovely chap to deal with. Sorry for refusing brews, not normally like me, but didn't fancy getting caught short on the long(ish) trip home!

She'll be getting an airing at practice tonight I believe.

The versatility from just an hour or so's playing around with it was rather impressive, I need to get some serious practice in and see what I can get out of it. Quite enjoying the maple neck as well, switching to slimmer necks from the 'wick standard is a great way of speeding yourself up!

Steve, PM'd you the band's name but in case anyone else is interested I'll stick some stuff on here too!

www.gonetilwinter.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/gonetilwintermusic

And there's a video on Youtube, have a look for Gone til Winter and the track's called 'Hear Me'