Why become a member? ×

Need a (hard) case for a 35" Yamaha TRB

Hey guys

Annoyingly the stitching around the straps on my SKB hard foam case is beginning to fail. I like this case a lot, but this will be the second time I've experienced the same problem so I think I'll need to replace it with something else.

I'm a big fan of Hiscox cases---anyone know if a 35" TRB1005 will fit? I read somewhere that the Hiscox cases are a bit tight in terms of length. The "EBP" model claims to be for longer basses but I'd rather know for sure before buying one...

Any other recommendations for cases? I'd probably rather have something with shoulder straps and a couple of pockets but I'm more interested in weight/protection really.

Thanks

I've got one of these http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SKB-44-Electric-Bass-TSA-Hard-shell-Case/4XR
Fit's 35" scale bass with a longish headstock, so should fit the TRB too.
Reasonably light weight, and survived a transatlantic flight with a few scuffs. Might be a bit OTT for your needs though?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1331827019' post='1579568']
The Hiscox STD-EBS case fits my 35" scale Reverend Rumblefish bass. If that's not big enough then I'm sure the STD-EBP will be suitable. Full details [url="http://www.hiscoxcases.com/standardguitar_hiscox.htm"]here[/url].
[/quote]

Cool, thanks.

I asked Yamaha and they said:

"The Yamaha branded Hiscox STD-EBS case fits all Yamaha basses.
Alternatively, to discover if a dedicated TRB case is available to
purchase separately it would be necessary to contact
the sales department. they can be contacted on 0844 811 1116"

I am taking this to mean that an EBS will fit (presumably the yamaha branded ones are identical in form, fit, and function...)

• 2 weeks later...