Why become a member? ×

Vintage KASUGA for Sale

Guest squatlobster

Guest squatlobster

Kasuga bass, age unknown, but in excellent condition except for intermittently sticky pick-up selector switch. It comes with hard case, strap and stand. £400 the lot, plus postage, if not collecting in person. Beauly area (Inverness-shire)

Enquiries welcome.

Selling Peavey KB300 amp separately, too.

Cheers.

Edited by Johngh

Well you got here at last then. The R word is allowed on here, being slagged off by Mr. Hall is a badge of honour to some of us :lol: .
This one is a beauty, Kasuga's in general are FANTASTIC, the price is keen despite it being a bolt on, and ..............MAPLE BOARD :o .
Somebody is going to be very happyt.
Good luck,
Karl.

[quote name='squatlobster' timestamp='1331501973' post='1573928']
I have joined this site to try to sell my lovely Kasuga bass, age unknown, but in excellent condition except for intermittently sticky pick-up selector switch. It comes with hard case, strap and stand. £400 the lot, plus postage, if not collecting in person. Beauly area (Inverness-shire).

I put this bass on Ebay 3 times last week, but my ad was pulled and then my account was suspended as Rickenbacker got upset. John Hall was incredibly rude to me, when I challenged their censorship and he signed off with "have a nice life" ! Unbelievable. I had refined the ad so that it simply said "Bass guitar" and I didn't even offer a description!

Feel free to ask me easy questions.

Selling Peavey KB300 amp separately, too.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Looks very nice.

I think Jon - Bassassin, has one of these, so can't be bad.

Cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[i]'I put this bass on Ebay 3 times last week, but my ad was pulled and then my account was suspended as Rickenbacker got upset. John Hall was incredibly rude to me, when I challenged their censorship and he signed off with "have a nice life" ! Unbelievable. I had refined the ad so that it simply said "Bass guitar" and I didn't even offer a description!'[/i]

WTF?? Did he get ahold of your email address via ebay? And can you PM me exactly what he said? This is a prime example of the Rickenwaffen at their sycophantic, supercilious best! Hall and his fanbois need to GET a life and stop trawling the net for Rickenfaker ads! Right now, I'm on the borderline of selling off the three Rics I have left - who the hell wants to support the product of a CEO who takes to the net in that manner?? I have seen MISTER Hall in action on the web and I don't doubt for [i]one minute[/i] he insulted you in the manner that you state.

You'll have no problem shifting that here, mate, and when you do go and tell that bitter wee man that you finally sold your RICKENBACKER copy, and without incurring ebay charges.

Sickened by this!

Edited by Stacker

The one I got (after 5 years of trying) was on at the same time as this one but it got pulled a few hours after going live on FEEBay.
I was given the guy's email address by Mr. Foxen and managed to get mine for £450 (it is the ultra rare White front/Black back).
I would have had this stunner but for the White and Black one coming up.
Mr. Hall is a tad bothersome ;) , but we bassists generally prevail.
DO NOT sell off your Rick's because he is a little awkward, enjoy them for the great basses they are,
cheers,
Karl.

Some Americans think they rule the World, well look where their Brand of Captilalism got us!!!!!!!

I'm not anti all America, there are some really nice people out there.

Rickenbacker Inc must feel very insecure if the CEO is contacting Ebay sellers ................ not everyone wants or can afford the real think. Sure I'd have one, but I have many more bass related priorities before I get to a Rick!

Never heard of Kasuga, but it looks a nice bass.

Cheers

Charla

[quote name='Hnz' timestamp='1333094573' post='1597141']
John Hall is an American. Americans and their brand(name) are a bit weird.
The company called Monster Inc. (yep, form the cables) has made a list of who to sue for using the word 'monster' in their name.
Among them is the Dutch village called Monster. This village was founded somewhere in the 13th century; Monster Inc. in 1978... :blink:
[/quote]

.... and then there is a wonderful tale of The MacDonald - yes the current scottish chief of the clan Donald - approached by the lawyers of guess who.......dont know if its true or not, but it made a good story.

Some Ric copies are excellent. They are not Ricks but they provide that iconic design to people who cant afford the real thing

[quote name='Charla' timestamp='1333095719' post='1597163']
Some Americans think they rule the World, well look where their Brand of Captilalism got us!!!!!!!

I'm not anti all America, there are some really nice people out there.

Rickenbacker Inc must feel very insecure if the CEO is contacting Ebay sellers ................ not everyone wants or can afford the real think. Sure I'd have one, but I have many more bass related priorities before I get to a Rick!

Never heard of Kasuga, but it looks a nice bass.

Cheers

Charla
[/quote]

Go to the Ebay bit in the For Sale forum, go to the pinned Rickenfakers thread, search Kasuga and you will find quite a bit on them.
Superb basses.

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Karlfer[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Thank you for that info, quite a lot of Kasuga's out there I see! [/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Have Rickenbacker ever embraced the `low end market' (as in price and not tone). Maybe if they are worried about good quality copies then they should produce their own `copies’. Sure the Chinese would welcome them with open arms!!![/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]If I had £400 I might have thought about this, but I've just spent my bass allocation on two EBS 1x12's!!!![/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Cheers[/font][/color][/size]
[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Charla[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Charla' timestamp='1333185338' post='1598442']
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Karlfer[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Thank you for that info, quite a lot of Kasuga's out there I see! [/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Have Rickenbacker ever embraced the `low end market' (as in price and not tone). Maybe if they are worried about good quality copies then they should produce their own `copies’. Sure the Chinese would welcome them with open arms!!![/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]If I had £400 I might have thought about this, but I've just spent my bass allocation on two EBS 1x12's!!!![/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Cheers[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Charla[/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

Welcome Charla, no Rick have never gone low end although there have been a couple of slightly cheaper, less specced models than the 4001/4003 (Hamburg springs to mind).
I do hope Mr Hall the CEO of RIC doesn't see your comments about them getting budget ricks made for them in China, he may have a coronary issue :o .
If you do ever decide on a Rick copy, do your research on the EBay thread on here. Good copy from the 70's or there are a couple of decent copies from this century.
Cheers,
Karl.

Oh, bump!

• 1 month later...

Im scared to use my shafty now on stage incase mr hall has people trolling small city gigs looking for people playing fakers so atm im sticking to my t bird!!!! At least gibbo wont sue me as like others they make their own copies!!!! I still would get a proper ric but only second hand as the money wont got to mr hall!!! I think he has us above rapists and kiddy fiddlers as the worst kind of human beings.... Scurge of the earth....