Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Epifani PS 210 - 2 x 10" 8ohm cab £250

Stuee

Hey guys, I'm selling my near immaculate Epifani PS 210 cabinet. It's the 8 ohm version, as per title, and is in perfect working order with no issues.

There are a few slight blemishes but they are purely cosmetic and barely visible. Two slight scratches on the grill which I've marker penned over, and a couple of tiny white marks on the input plate on the back. Even the plastic corner pieces are barely touched.

I bought this about a year ago with a PS 112, and have only used it twice or thrice in that time because the 112 is so good and I'm lazy! Also, the 112 and 210 don't stack nicely together. I'm selling because I have bought another 112 (thanks Steff!) which will stack much nicer, when I need two cabs.

The PS 210 is a killer 2 x 10" cabinet and I'd love to keep it, but space and money do not allow! If only....

I am happy to deliver for diesel money (within reason), or meet somewhere, or have you come here to test and collect (Salisbury). [s]I would rather not deal with couriers as they are so vague about when they will collect, and to be honest I can't be arsed with boxing it up! Sorry.[/s]
If you would like to arrange for a courier to collect I will package it up for you, but I may need a day or two to procure/build a big enough box.

Here are some pics:

[attachment=102073:photo 1.JPG] [attachment=102074:photo 2.JPG] [attachment=102075:photo 3.JPG]

And here's some info from Epifani:

[b]CONFIGURATION[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 x 10" 200W [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epifani[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Ceramic Drivers[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1" Compression Tweeter[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adjustable Tweeter Control[/font][/color]
[b]IMPEDANCE[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8 Ohm version[/font][/color]
[b]POWER RATING[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]400 WRMS[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]600 Watt Peak[/font][/color]
[b]SPECS[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Response 40Hz - 16kHz[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sensitivity 99dB (1W@1m)[/font][/color]
[b]HARDWARE[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 x Speakon and 1/4" Output Connectors[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lite Ply Poplar Plywood[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dado Joint Construction[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Road-Ready Carpet Covering[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]High-Impact Locking Corners[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Steel Recessed Handles[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18 Gauge Steel Grill[/font][/color]
[b]DIMENSIONS[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18.5"h x 23"w x 18.5"d[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]49 lbs[/font][/color]

[url="http://www.epifani.com/products/PS_210BC.php"]www.epifani.com/products/PS_210BC.php[/url]

Cheers, Stuee :-)

Edited by Stuee

Hi LC,

Sorry for the tardy response, must check my notification settings :-/

I couldn't tell you the age of the cab as I bought it used myself. Jim, any idea?

Sure I'll drive it to Bristol for you if you will cover my fuel, which will be about 15 quid :)

Stuee

Just a little feeler from me (oo-er). I'm looking at getting an Ashdown ABM evo II 300w head. Now, I know very little about ohms and impedance so have no idea whether this cab would be a perfect match or not. (The cab's a little out of my budget but from what I've heard, they're quality cabs so could be worth the extra cash imo.) I could pick up too as I'm only in Brissle.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1333279602' post='1599460']
Just a little feeler from me (oo-er). I'm looking at getting an Ashdown ABM evo II 300w head. Now, I know very little about ohms and impedance so have no idea whether this cab would be a perfect match or not. (The cab's a little out of my budget but from what I've heard, they're quality cabs so could be worth the extra cash imo.) I could pick up too as I'm only in Brissle.
[/quote]

The ABM head will go down to a 4 Ohm load, so this would be fine (no idea what it'd sound like though...)

You won't get the full 300W though (I thought the ABM was 325W or something...?) probably only ~200W unless you add another 8 Ohm cab.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1333295492' post='1599654']
The ABM head will go down to a 4 Ohm load, so this would be fine (no idea what it'd sound like though...)

You won't get the full 300W though (I thought the ABM was 325W or something...?) probably only ~200W unless you add another 8 Ohm cab.
[/quote]
Correct..but that will be the issue with all 8ohms cabs used singularly. You can only get what any given amp will deliver at 8ohms resistance

Hi Mornats, thanks for your interest :)

I have to concur with what the others have said above (thanks guys). I'm sure it would sound great with your Ashdown head, but you won't be getting the most out of it.

I will say, though, that depending on how much power/volume you generally need, the reduced output may or may not be an issue for you.

Cheers, Stuee