Why become a member? ×

SOLD !! Fender Classic Series 50's Telecaster 2001 Bundle REDUCED !!

[font=Arial][size=2]Hi,[/size][/font]

For sale is this stunning 2001 Fender Classic Series 50's Telecaster in White Blonde Finish.

This finish looks superb as you can still see the woodgrain through it, it has a maple neck and black scratchplate. The guitar is in fantastic condition, there is a small mark which I have photogrpahed on the last picture but this effects the guitar in no way.

Serial Number MZ1154101
Included in the sale is the original white scratch plate, a plain rectangular hardcase and a gig bag.

WAS £500 NOW £400 WITH EXTRAS

Thanks

[attachment=102277:DSCN0523.jpg][attachment=101730:DSCN0349.JPG][attachment=101729:DSCN0350.JPG][attachment=101732:DSCN0347.JPG][attachment=101735:DSCN0345.JPG][attachment=101733:DSCN0348.JPG][attachment=101734:DSCN0344.JPG][attachment=101731:DSCN0346.JPG]

Edited by magicmarco

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1331125543' post='1568012']
The serial number and the headstock decal says emphatically 'Yes' - Mexi Standard by the looks of it. Currently selling at GAK brand new for £382.
[/quote]

I had been dying to mention this, but thought rules didn't allow commenting on price? I was wondering how the price had been decided on by the seller?

Nice looking guitar though, I would be tempted to make a sensible offer, but I doubt it would be what you were after.

best of luck with a sale.

Hi

Selling this for the guitarist in my band who told me to put it up at that and see how it goes, I have not done any research at all so appreciate the feedback.

I guess it will go to the highest bidder providing our guitarist is happy with it.

Offers welcome

Aye, it's a lovely looking guitar, and I'd be tempted myself if I had the spare cash, but he's got his wires crossed on the pricing there. Didn't mean to say anything inappropriate or break any rules, just pointed out the price of a brand new one for comparison.

His asking price is more like a typical used price for a Fender [i]American[/i] Standard rather than a Mexican Standard one like this, so could have been a simple mistake on his part when checking out the going rate, no harm done!

Hi

+1 for all the other guys comments. However, it is in superb condition and if you look at the body, it has that sort of see through washed out look about which would indicate, possibly, a classic series?? Definitely do more research because I've seen the Mexican standard series go for around £200 - £300 dependent on condition. Will do a little myself to try and help out.

a.

I'm sure it is one of the 50's classic series: http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=0131202303 with just change of scratchplate. Check it out with your guitarist because if it is ... that adds a few more quid to it.

good luck

a.

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1331151556' post='1568619']
I'm sure it is one of the 50's classic series: [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=0131202303"]http://www.fender.co...rtno=0131202303[/url] with just change of scratchplate. Check it out with your guitarist because if it is ... that adds a few more quid to it.

good luck

a.
[/quote]

Looks like that to me, got that bridge and that style logo, which does indeed boost the price for your mate...

Edited by Wooks79

Good stuff! Like you, Morello, the bridge was a giving me a bit a problem too. However, the string tree is on the button as is the finish. Realistically, £350 is a fair price, pushing £400 if in pristers condition.

a.

[quote name='magicmarco' timestamp='1331230138' post='1569979']
400 ono bump
[/quote]

Remember you will need to be absolutely sure it is a classic 50s telecaster and provide absolute proof to any potential purchaser. If your guitarist bought it new? He should have the accompanying glossary for proof.

best of luck

a.

Correct vintage tuners too, pretty certain brass saddles are standard, if not, it's a common "upgrade". Five screw guard is correct style although "mint" white is the original colour not black. Also a standard Mexican tele would have a modern six saddle bridge which I'm certain the traditional bridge we have here isn't a direct replacement size wise. Im pretty sure a swap would leave screw holes showing.
(I'm quite into telecasters). So a fifties reissue mexican tele new is around £500.

• 1 month later...