Why become a member? ×

NBD Squier CV 60's Precision - Sonic Blue

mojobass

Well i just couldn't resist!! I'd managed to sell off some gear and some spare 'play' money, saw this for a reasonable price and thought...why not!!!

I'm pleased I did! Arrived this morning, already had a fresh set oflats on it (so saved me a few quid there) had a high action so spent a few minutes adjusting and setting it up, with the result being a nice LOW action.

Also as a nother bonus it came with a SD qtr pounder pup so no need for a pup change!

Plugged it in and it sounds really nice! versatile enough range of tones for me! the neck is LUSH I can't believe this is a squier!!! Ive heard about the necks on these and was sceptical but honestly a really gtreat neck!!

Few hours noodling on it and its coming gigging with me this weekend!! will give it a gud workout then

here's a pic, and another of it with my 'modern player' tele bass!

[attachment=101452:DSCF9522.JPG] [attachment=101453:DSCF9523.JPG]

Edited by mojobass

I have one of these in the same colour (obtained from this board) and use it regularly for gigging with my pop band. Had more compliments on its looks than any other bass I've owned. Sounds fine too though I have flats and the standard pickup.

Clsasic Vibe is the way to go, folks!

I love whats left of my CVP. Other than a new neck, new bridge, new pup, new pick guard, new pots and wiring its pretty much stock :-)

Seriously though, i wanted a Jazz neck as i dont get on with P necks much so its nothing against the CV neck, just that i wanted something different. For a while i had my CV Jazz neck on it but when i started using the Jazz i had to put it back on.
I also dont like 20mm string spacing so replaced the bridges on both basses but both were very playable straight out of the box.

I think the workmanship on these basses is incredible, especially considering the cost and im more than happy to display the word Squier on the head stock.