Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Upright Bass Bash

Mr Bassman

TheRev mentioned looking into hiring a room at Bristol uni to have a workshop, and there was also talk of chipping in a tenner each to pay tutors for time and travel. I don't think it's gone any further. Can we make this happen? Perhaps those interested could pm me and at least we'd have a list of folks who were up for it. Some indication of what you might be able to contribute would be great too. For instance, my teacher might be up for doing a session, and I'd bring my B & H import Artia bass strung with medium Helicore hybrids. Also a German bow.

I'd be happy to help organise this but wouldn't want to do it solo. (My solos are ruled by luck.)

I could host one in my Church hall but am at the top of North Wales and I guess off the beaten track. What would be great would be to have one with an acknowledged DB luthier on hand to advise on setups/repairs etc. Obv we would need to fund this if enough people were interested.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1334754503' post='1620705']
I could host one in my Church hall but am at the top of North Wales and I guess off the beaten track. What would be great would be to have one with an acknowledged DB luthier on hand to advise on setups/repairs etc. Obv we would need to fund this if enough people were interested.
[/quote]

I'm up for it if it's not too far from sunny Leeds. North Wales would work for me.
Would be great to meet everyone.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1334773980' post='1621117']
I think that makes Wales officially a part of Yorkshire, according to some old law I'll pretend I read on the internet once.
[/quote]

Does that mean that the law allowing an Englishman to use a crossbow to shoot a Welshman in the grounds of Hereford Cathedral on a Monday if it's not snowing now extends to Yorkshiremen, I'm confused?

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1334774702' post='1621145']
Does that mean that the law allowing an Englishman to use a crossbow to shoot a Welshman in the grounds of Hereford Cathedral on a Monday if it's not snowing now extends to Yorkshiremen, I'm confused?
[/quote]
Typical urban myth ! It's actually ' any Englishman can use ANY SORT OF WEAPON on a Yorkshireman if he is spotted within 200 yards of a church on any day with a Y in it'.
Something that dates back to the War of the Roses I think.

• 10 months later...