Why become a member? ×

Smaller saddles for my Gotoh201 bridge?

Twigman

I have a Gotoh201 bridge fitted to my P-J.
It's got great fat saddles on it.
I have taken some relief out of the neck and shimmed it but even with the saddle on the E string as low as it can go I still feel the action is a little high.
So the next step would be to either change the bridge for something lower or replace the saddles on the bridge for some smaller saddles.

Any ideas where i can get some smaller saddles that would fit?

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1330805019' post='1563331']
The wilkinson bridge is a good piece of kit. I have one on my Squier MD and it looks the biz.

[url="http://www.axesrus.com/axeBassh.htm"]http://www.axesrus.com/axeBassh.htm[/url]

14 quid posted.

Jez
[/quote]

I've got one of these as well on my MIM P, I took a Gotoh 201 off it and put the Wilkinson on, I much prefer it although I personally hate the Wilkinson logo stamped on it.

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1331056585' post='1566994']
I've got one of these as well on my MIM P, I took a Gotoh 201 off it and put the Wilkinson on, I much prefer it although I personally hate the Wilkinson logo stamped on it.
[/quote]

That's what puts me off everything Wilkinson do, despite the great rep. I don't like seeing big brands plastered all over everything - I'd love a set of the brass saddles that come with the Wilkinson to replace the chrome (brass) saddles on my Gotoh 203, purely because they look so good!

[quote name='Jerry_B' timestamp='1331144013' post='1568458']
But then again the Wilkinson stamp is not noticable - the strings obscure it and it's not easy to see at anything apart from very close up.
[/quote]

I notice it though, it's really just my own preference, I just think it looks really cheap and nasty. I'll eventually get a plain BBOT bridge and swap the saddles over.