Why become a member? ×

Wal "Percy Jones" Bass @ Bass Gallery

dmz

Just spotted one of the above at the Bass Gallery in Camden

http://www.thebassgallery.com/BassProductListingTemplate.cfm?Brand=Wal&type=Bass%20Guitar&Cat_ID=1

Not cheap !

Didn't know there was a signature bass - or did this actually belong to the man himself ? Possibly not as it has a lined fingerboard.

Any Wal experts out there know about these ?

Would love to hear Percy spanking his Wal again :o .....mind you if Percy were to pick up any bass he would make sound like PJ that's for sure....

I spotted that and wonder exactly what the Pj connection is as the text underneath the pictures doesn't mention him at all, only the title, plus - as you point out - I have only ever seen him playing unlined fretless basses. It's certainly a beautiful bass and it's within the range of Wal prices the Gallery have been selling at over the past year. If it were really Percy's ex, I would have thought the price would be rather more than that of a new Wal (£3500+)

Edit: I just spotted the headstock carries the initials PJ so maybe Percy did own this? In which case £3200 isn't such a bad price at all, relatively speaking ( in the sense that there are no cheap Wals!)

Edited by Clarky

second one :) :)

Very weird... feel like i've found a very unique sound with those.... Wich at the same time can sound "classic"... then can have a quite modern sound too....

THe fingerboard is from unknown sort.... but sounds awesome... According to mister Sei bass it's "some sort of rosewood"

:P

I'll assume this bass used to be fretted.... cuz i have never seen a frettless fingerboard of some sort of flamed rosewood... or even possibly shedua... but again.. have never seen a wal with shedua fingerboad..

Edited by pierreganseman

As for the writting on the back.... It was Nile's signature indeed... some owner at some point had him to sign it...

First thing I got to do was erasing this... just looked wrong...

Paul herman FINALLY got back to me... This bass was NOT made for percy jones after all...

Apparently there was a few Percy jones bass made... but he could not say how many...

and yeh clarky... as you said... quite expensive... but was aint never cheap anyways.... :P

well maybe it's just me.... but i think some basses are priceless... and are "worth it"...

If I had for example £6000 to spare... I'd not hesitate a second to buy a wal if they were considered to be worth that much....

Music... instruments... what you can produce with them... etc... is absolutely priceless.... well.. that's maybe why i'm always broke :D