Why become a member? ×

hullo, just joined

paul_c2

Hullo, I've just signed up to the forum but I've been playing bass for 23 years or so. I started when I was 15 but just before then, had a 6 string electric guitar for about 6 months before finally being able to reach the frets properly.

I have played in loads of different kinds of situations including a concert band at school, wind band, orchestra and 'normal' bands of varying musical styles from rock/pop to heavy metal. I could read music from the start and can sight read if needs be too.

I started out with a Fender Jazz copy (Antoria) which is probably from the 1970s. It started out life with 2x humbuckers but the bridge one stopped working a normal single pole pickup now sits there. Also I have a cheap fretless guitar.

After a bit of a lull in playing recently, I decided to show renewed interest and got all the stuff out again, unfortunately my old amp is faulty so I'm stuck with a little 12W Marshall Bass amp (which is terrible!) for now, but might just get a 30W combo of some kind since they're not too costly etc.

• 2 weeks later...